Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :-)

Campobello, SC(Zone 7a)

One turkey done (sorry Angel!) and one soaking to be cooked tomorrow. Stuffing made. Cranberries made. Dessert made. Appetizers made. I'm tired and my knee hurts and all I wanted was to go sit in the hot tub for a bit. Go change and go outside just in time for it to start raining. Snort. Can't even think of the last time we had rain! I'll hush up and just be thankful for the rain I guess :-)
Buddy and Thor (Stormy) Ted's horses, came back today. Thor here for the first time since Ted first bought him. Turned them out and Thump just watched, unlike D who would have been all over Thor trying to kill him. Thump did a big sigh that I understood perfectly as "I really was enjoying my siesta and now I have to go show that young punk who's boss" and took off after Thor. Thump was amazing to watch in his position of "authority" He was snorting hard like D did and had this huge high stepping gait going that I kept watching cause I knew it wasn't his regular trot. Took me a few mins to realize he was moving just like Buddy, the Walker, except he really brought his front legs up high. It was beautiful to watch. I knew he was half TWH and that he does a weird rolling fast walk but have never seen him do that gait before.
I looked outside later and it looked like Thor was chasing Joey. I got out there as quick as I could and watched and think that Thor was just very interested in Joe. He was trying to sniff him and then looked like he was trying to get him to play. Joe was afraid of him so anytime Thor got close, Joe pinned his ears and ran away and Thor would just circle around and come in the other way. Thor then hit the fence and got a shock and took off and didn't see him by Joe for the rest of the day. I may stall him next to Joe overnight a few times to see if that helps calm Joe down and fulfill Thor's curiosity.
I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

This thread has 82 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!