Seed Of The Month Club - Secret Santa & Seed Swap

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome all to the *****SEED OF THE MONTH CLUB*****

This month is Secret Santa ornaments and flowers which remind us of Christmas, i.e. red and green flowers, bell flowers, star flowers. Use your imagination and make a Christmas connection.

You may choose either trade or both. The seeds need to be mailed to me. My address is in the address exchange or you may D-mail me to get it. Send in 5 bags, get 5 back. Send in 7 get 7.
Those who have already sent in, I will be mailing an evelope with stamps to Jordankitty so she may send them here. The deadline for the seeds has been moved to December 10th. This will allow time for any new RRer's to join. The seeds will go out in the mail on the 12th.

The Ornament drawing will be on December 3rd, once again allowing other DGer's time to join. If you have already purchased ornaments please continue to use these. If you have not, in order to simplify things, please send an ornament which represents something about you. It can be eclectic, funny, modern, something you collect, anything which reflects who you are. Once Teensy Draws the names, I will D-mail each participant with their Secret Santa information. I will try to get this done on the evening of the 3rd. The cost of the ornament should be no more than $8.00, but I have seen some lovely ones for much less.

The following is a list of participants to date and what part of the Round Robin they are participating in. Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Mittsy__________Secret Santa & seeds_____received by Jordankitty
Rainy_Jane_____ Secret Santa & seeds
ByndeweedBeth__Secret Santa & seeds_____received by Pupil
Twohawk_______ Secret Santa & seeds_____received by Jordankitty
Distantkin_______Secret Santa & seeds_____received by Jordankitty
cat64129_______ Secret Santa & seeds
Pupilpropogtr____ Secret Santa & seeds
crashbandiscoot__Secret Santa & seeds
hairgirl5________ ?????
LorraineR_______Secret Santa & seeds
joycet__________Secret Santa & seeds
Mistygardener___ Secret Santa & seeds
Sevidra________ Seeds
mitchesgarden___Secret Santa & seeds
ejennings_______Secret Santa & Maybe seeds
Seandor_______ Secret Santa & seeds
Hillbilly_Gran____Secret Santa & seeds
saanansandy ___ Secret Santa & seeds
Riverland ______ Secret Santa & seeds - Glad to have you join, Cindy!!!

Please let me know if I have left anyone off or need to add to your choices.

Let the Jingle Bells ring and have a great time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Mayhem host/ess list
Monthly Mayhem Themes & Hostesses
Nov - Veggies Hostess Mittsy
Dec - Flower ornaments Hostess Pupilpropogtr
Jan - Winter Sown Hostess Dylancgc
Feb - Red & Chocolate and Hearts-Sevidra
March - Shamrocks or green - cat52149
April - Animals - Lamb's ear, bunny tails, hens and chicks, etc
May - Spring Cleaning, RR to clean out our trade boxes- Distantkin
June - Bugs - Pupilpropogtr
July - Red White & Blue?
Aug -
Sept -

This message was edited Nov 21, 2007 12:56 PM

This message was edited Nov 21, 2007 4:59 PM

This message was edited Nov 21, 2007 5:12 PM

This message was edited Nov 21, 2007 8:01 PM

This message was edited Nov 23, 2007 9:56 PM

This message was edited Nov 24, 2007 6:43 PM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey pupil,
Glad to see it is now up and running!

(Cathy), MO

I'm in! Hey, I already have my ornament. And I think I can scare up a few seeds as well. Misty I think it just has to be something related to Christmasy things. Like coral bells, star flowers, or Christmasy colors. With a little imagination we can make alot of seeds work.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE I was the first one here! :) LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, what if I don't have nuttin? :( LOL
I am sure I can come up with one that is red, though. :)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Thanks Pupil...you may want to add the link again as I just added a long post and some may miss it :o)
Sorry, we posted at the same time....but BREATH IN ......BREATH OUT..... Its has a nice clean scent in here whew-FEEL BETTER :o)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Pupil my seeds are at the first location already...if you can't get them...I will see if I can send more. Mittsy's seeds are in there too :o(

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I am so lost, where do we send the seeds now?

(Cathy), MO

I think we are supposed to send them to pupil now Beth

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Unfortunately, you are probably better off to let sleeping dogs lie and not try to figure any of this out. :( I know I certainly am lost! :( Lets just move on here and have fun and enjoy each other's company. And, in my opinion, if anyone feels the least bit slighted, or whatever, then lets speak up and not let it continue and end up like this has! Just my 2 cents worth, though.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh yes, thanks pupil! And Robbi, just keep breathing! :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, BTW, I like the new name! :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, it went quiet all of a sudden????

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

LOL-we are all breathing-and as for me-answering the 18 (now) D-mails-LOLOL

(Cathy), MO

And I actually had to do some work for a change! It's pretty quiet here today really, so I won't complain.

I hope you'll all forgive me considering the sudden last minute change. I already had "mayhem" on my seed labels!

(Cathy), MO

I don't think anyone will mind Beth

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I have a favor to ask:
Can we PLEASE not let the threads get so long on this one? PLEASE! :)

(Cathy), MO

I'm heading out now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Will check in later

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Have a good one Cat! :)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Not a problem, Beth. I think it will be just fine lol. The seeds will be mailed to me and the ornaments will be mailed directly. I am in the address exchange, but if you need my address, please D-Mail me. I am still answering numerous D-mails and trying to update the list. Everyone seems relieved, so keep taking those deep breaths. I will have everything update within a couple of hours.

Please D-mail me if you have any questions.

Let's have some FUN!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I am out of breath now! CLEANING before I can even cook. BOO BOO for me! LOL

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Hi, all taking a break from my butter making :o)

Mittsy/Mom-hope you are having a nice time with your family :o) I have thought about you a lot today but didn't want to disturb you :o)
Thinking about you and miss hearing you on :o) Where is my tip for the day-LOL

Just wanted to say a quick thanks all for your many MANY wonderful D-mails and a few phone calls as well.

One last thing-who is cooking their bird already??? I can smell it and it is making me sooo hungry!!

Oh wait-here is really the last thing (for now) just found out from Dylan that we can get permits free to send and receive seeds from other countries. Looking into it now and will keep you posted :o)
Robbi

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I want some of your butter! :) It sounds really good.

Your tip of the day (just sitting in for a moment!)
Be kind to yourself and don't worry about those that just don't get what life is all about. :)

You are quite welcome, as I am glad to be a part of your group! :)
It ain't me cause I am gonna make a nice bone-in HAM, YUMMMMMM!
Told DH not to go overboard with it, and he brings home one of those really nice, and not so cheap, Kretchmeyer (SP?) ones!
I have been reading on the confiscation forum and it would make me leary to send or try to receive anything that way. :(

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Pupil-do you mind copying and pasting the list of months and the hosts to the top of this thread? I would love to have it so I don't have to keep going back and looking for it when others ask...Thanks :o)
Robbi

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Will do. I am also going to post the rules and the list of players. A lovely new DGer D'd me about this and I told her to come on aboard. Hope to see her soon.

Would it be ok if we extended the seed date until the 30th? This would give me a little more time and I think a few more people will be joining. All in favor, say aye.

Give me a bit to get everything up and running.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Aye. :)

Yeah, the seed deadline should be extended due to the change of address, etc.
I just got my seeds out today.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

What confiscation forum? I haven't seen that one.

WHEW you guys have been chatting up a storm. Glad I finally caught up with the thread. I'm still kind of in the dark but my family says I stay that way.

Misty I see you have jumped right in and made yourself at home. Great, I hope more newbies feel they can jump in. Some people like to test the waters first and that is great also. Glad to have all the newbies.

Distant I like the new name also.

I think it's a thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/791686/

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

Thanks Beth for that post-I am rubbing on my lucky penny to make sure this doesn't happen to ma-I have to many trades that hang in the balance-I need to get that permit now.

Where is Sev....she is my hero! where is she :oP
I am aspiring to be Sev....yooo hoooo!
Robbi

(Cathy), MO

The 30th will work for me also. I'll sort and see what I can come up with this evening or tomorrow.

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

cat-is your name Cathy? Sorry but I am new-LOLOL Its just been a loonnngggg day and I forget

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Dylan! If I feel comfortable somewhere I am likely to stick around! LOL
Yep, that is the site, thanks! :)
Now what did Sev do for her to be your hero? :)

(Cathy), MO

Yes Cathy. And yes it HAS been a long day. Fighting a cold too which makes it seem even longer

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Anyone smell cherry pie? :) I just baked the ugliest looking cherry pie ever was! LOL
I told DH I need to enter it in an ugly pie contest! HA HA HA The second crust broke to pieces, I was lazy and didn't want to drag out the rolling pin and cutting board! Thus my ugly pie! :)

Saint Cloud, MN(Zone 4b)

who cares if it is UGLY :o)

She is my hero cuz she has over 700 seed packs

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I admit to not being a very good "pie baker" but so long as it is edible. :)
WOW, 700, I got some catchin' up to do! :)

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

Hey ya'll the rules and names have been listed. Please let me know if any changes are needed.

I am going to have a toddy!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

A hot toddy I presume? :)
I need one, too! Here is our weather now:
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USMO0785_f.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.