Sodium chloride (SALT) in the diet.

Longboat Key, FL

It was graphically -- and physically -- brought to my attention, that we have too much SALT in our diet. For me it started with puffy ankles and swollen feet. It was scary! And we have never used a salt shaker at our table!

Now that things seem to be well under control, I look back at the experience, and my DDW and I have come tho the conclusion that we spend enough time in the supermarkets to add a little more -- and stop to read more of the fine print on the labels. We had been checking cholesterol and calorie content -- but skip down a little and there is SODIUM.

Seems like the medical gurus have found that around 2000 milligrams per day per person is ideal Stop and read some of the labels, especially concentrating on the processed foods and canned soups and vegetables. WOW !

Now we are conscientiously trying. If this helps to get more people alerted it'll be worthwhile.

Be well

: )

This thread has 31 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!