Happy Birthday Nancy

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Have a great birthday Miss Nap!

Thumbnail by bigcityal
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Here's my wish to you for continued happiness throughout the coming year.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by saanansandy
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday again Nancy! Got you on Photos too!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Nancy
A little bird told me it's your birthday!
Hope it's happy!

Thumbnail by debi_k
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hope you've been having a great day, Nancy! And Happy Thanksgiving too!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday from me and the cats.

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy, Happy Birthday! - gee, do you get birthday cake today AND pumpkin pie tomorrow?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Nancy!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Nancy!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

You people are terrific. Do you all know that?? I may not be around much these days, but the Northeast Forum is still numero-uno in my book. The greatest folks in the Garden are right here in the NE Forum.

Al, you are making me jealous with all the photo-editing you've been playing with lately. When are you going to start us on a new series of threads? I really love the card on the Daily Pics thread Al. Seriously.

Speaking of photos, congratulations to Al and Victor and everyone else reading this who took honors in the photo contest! Truly excellent stuff!

Anybody remember that my husband made me a cake for my last birthday with a huge "LX" on top? That's Roman numerals for 60. So this year he made me this cake...

Thumbnail by nap
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

cute husband!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Nancy - Hope it's not too late to wish you a very Happy Birthday!! Eleanor

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Pepplegoose has never been good at reading the calendar and often misses important dates, but he offers his friend of long standing belated happy birthday greetings, and so do I.

Thumbnail by Zuzu
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Not too late at all, Eleanor! I'm milking this one!

Pepplegoose, you know you're my favorite, don't you? I love your new digs! I hope you enjoy your turkey this Thanksgiving. I remember seeing a picture of the Zuzu kitties "at the table." Made me almost want to jump in and join them. Almost.

Zuzu...one of my first two DG friends.

Thanks for the birthday greetings!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Nancy, I am trying some of the new things in Elements 6 I have now. I think after Christmas would be a good time to restart the photo editing threads.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

What a clever cake. He must also be thoughtful as well as clever. Can't wait to see next year's!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Actually, his first plan for this year was binary numbers. Maybe he's saving it til next year.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Very cool, Nancy! Clever Hubbie!!

Go forward Nancy. My wishes are with you = up and beyond.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

You people have made my husband's day (and mine). I told him all your comments. He (and I) thank you.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Sorry I'm late, Nancy. Belated Happy Birthday wishes going your way.

Thumbnail by pirl
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow, what a picture! Thank you, Pirl.

awesome DL, pirl.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

NANNNNNNCYYYYY!!!!!!! HAPPY B_DAY!!!!!!!! sorry I am late!!!!! I have not been around!

Oh I loved the cake!!!! creative husband!!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Kassia, that rose looks like silk! Beautiful!

nap:

A cake with binary numbers? That would be very creative and a large cake, too, would it not? Enough for all of us to share.

You can cheat by using 'Hex' numbers.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

No, Candyce. My next birthday would look like this.

1 1 1 1 1 0

Victor, I don't get out much. I don't know what you mean. But it doesn't sound good.

62? Nancy, Hexadecimal is shorthand for binary. It was made so programmers did not have to write out all those 0's. It's base 16. So like binary can have only a 0 or 1 in each column, hex can have 0 - 9, then A, B, C, D, E and F. So you have a 1's column, a 16's column, a 32's column, etc.

62 would be 3E. (3 x 16 (48) for the first (16's) column. That leaves 14, which is represented by E, for the 1's column). When you turn 64, you will be 40!!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Aha! A friend once tried to explain something like this to me and I didn't get it. I don't remember if this is what he called it, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. Thanks for the explanation, Victor! I'll have to print this out and show it to my husband.

You're welcome. It's easier on the candles!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Sniff, sniff. I'm only allowed to have candles on my cake if it's served at the Fire Department.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

He just walked in and I told him about it. I think he likes the idea.

Cute, Pirl. Think of all the cute Firemen though!

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy belated birthday Nancy. I've been gone for a week and am just catching up!

Thumbnail by bebop2
Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Such a pretty picture! Thank you, bebop. Missed you.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, I am SOoooooooooo NOT a numbers person!! (And to think that my Mom was a math teacher!!!!) At least I inherited her love of plants! And my son is a math whiz......NOT Me. The mention of binary numbers and I freak!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Nancy!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I hope this year's celebration is the best so far. I am so pleased to consider you one of my DG friends!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Likewise, for sure, Anita! Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.