*Tis The Season* Holiday Craft Exchange 2007 : )

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Deck The Halls and Fa La La La La....Calling all crafters and even those not so crafty!! I would love to host a homemade holiday craft swap.I thought it would be fun to share some of our talents with others.The homemade crafts can be anything you make by hand or if you aren't incredibly crafty ..like me..lol..it can be a crafts purchased from a craft show perhaps,soaps,candles,ornaments,knitted,crochet.needlework,garden signs,decorated plant markers,..you get the picture..I will take signups until Nov 30th.

This is what I think is the best way to do this to try and keep the costs down..now bear in mind I am always open to new suggestions so please don't be shy if you can offer ways to make it easier and better..LOL..Send me the number of crafts you would like to receive back..For example..You send 4 crafts to me..you receive 4 crafts back from what others have sent in.Send 5..get 5 back..send 2 ..get 2 back.10..get 10 back... I have pondered the best way for me to ship them out to everyone on the 12th of December.I was thinking flat rate priority? If that sounds ok with everyone.I can get free boxes from the po for that.I think flat rate shipping is about $8.90?..I can print the postage labels online so that will include free delivery confirmation so no person is left hanging.So what I will need from everyone is to sign up here..send your completed crafts to me plus.return shipping for flatrate box. When you post to join..please feel free to tell what types of crafts you enjoy making....We all would love to hear...Hope we get alot of happy elves to participate : )
Nancy

This message was edited Nov 16, 2007 10:13 AM

(Cathy), MO

Count me in but not sure what kind of crafts yet. I'll have to see what I can dig up!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i would love to do this but will have to get back to you about the crafts ok? oh boy this will be fun

Humansville, MO

how about my air fresher bear

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi cat,moretz and ellesgh. I have been trying my hand at gourd painting.I am No Van Gogh ..lol... but I am having a blast trying.I also love to sew.I have a few different crafts I am working on at the moment....

ellesgh I saw your air freshener bear on another thread and it is so adorable!

(Zone 1)

Oh, I am not crafty but will have to think about this ... it sure sounds like fun!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi Ya Lin....Yes you definitely should!!! I am sure you are plenty crafty : ))

(Zone 1)

Forgot to ask .... if we were sending more than 1 item, could it be all the same thing? For instance, if someone makes a particular ornament, could they send 4 of the same identical ornament to you for the swap?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Lin....Yes...if you send 4 identical items, then one would go in 4 different peoples boxes : )

Edited to make sense..lol..I hope

This message was edited Nov 16, 2007 9:32 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Craft??? Not ornament??? or could be...what to heck, joined almost every other exchange..count me in..but I'd need to get name shortly as I'm sending from Canada and from recent experience..takes mega time to get there..lol...

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi Betty.anything handcrafted would be fine.It could be handcrafted ornaments,placemats,wallhangings,candles,soaps,no limit to the imagination..lol

For quick reference the rules are posted in the 1st post above..Everyone sends their crafts to me( My address in in the exchange) and then in turn I sort them, and send each participant back the amount of crafts they send to me.Lets say if you for instance would send me 3 crafts..then in return you would receive 3 crafts back that were sent in by the other participants. Hope that makes sense?

Humansville, MO

i can not see where to ship them

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

ellesgh..my address is in the address exchange here at Daves.I don't want to post it on the thread because I don't know how safe that is.I will dmail it to you ok?

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

What is the deadline for us to send to you?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Tetley..My goal is to be able to ship everything back out to everyone on December 12th so everyone can enjoy their boxes before the Holiday..so.. to be on the safe side I would think if they were mailed to me by lets say December 3rd?? They should arrive to me in plenty of time for me to get them sorted repacked and sent back out to everyone on the 12th.: )
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Hey Nancy .... Looks like I'm not going to make it for this exchange .... sure wish I had more time! LOL. I am so, so slow! If by chance I do get something made I will get it to you before the 12th .... the way it looks though I will have to wait for next year! It just seems like every year Halloween gets here and all of a sudden the days fly by and I don't get accomplished even half of what I need to! The holidays just get here way too soon! LOL.

Humansville, MO

sorry i have not answered back
but with being sick
andother family illess
i will not be able to do it sorry

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok my daughter and i made some ornaments last night and i made a dragonfly so this is great cant wait to send them in this will be fun,she said she cant wait to see what we get back thxs so much for doing this

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Lin and Ellesgh..I understand.This is a really busy time of year for most so no problem at all.Ellesgh praying for good health for you and yours!

Moretz...I really thought there would be alot more interest in this years exchange.Last year there were alot of people involved...I am wondering if last years Fiasco with the hostess disappearing,and then having trouble contacting her to send the crafts out might have shaken alot of peoples trust in the exchange?We all finally did get our items last year ( and everyones crafts were marvelous) but the wait was pretty tense..lol...

I am hoping a few more will join Cathy,you and I...but if us 3 are all who participate it will still be fun.I have been working on a few holiday quilting projects so I know I will have a few quilted pieces for the swap and I have just completed some ornament projects too : ) I am still working on perfecting my gourd painting..LOL..I am finding its alot harder than it looks.Wowzers!! I have a total new respect for people who are so talented in toll painting.If I could get and keep my hands steady..painting would be soo much easier I am sure : O.

(Cathy), MO

I'm in, even if there are only 3 of us!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

me too it will be fun with just us 3 lol

(Cathy), MO

While I'm thinking of it, Melissa can we wait until spring for the liriope?

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i guess you havent sent any money have you? plmk because i havent received any np here

(Cathy), MO

No I was in the middle of moving & forgot all about it for several days. You didn't go ahead and dig did you?

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

no i didnt dig them , but spring is fine np but remember to dmail me in spring ok?

(Cathy), MO

Ok, thanks! My life is kind of crazy right now. Hopefully it will settle soon! Not likely though until after the holidays!
Have a good night!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Cathy and Moretz..the way its looking now it might just be the 3 of us! LOL..No matter to me either..It will still be a blast : )

(Cathy), MO

We can post this to other threads and see if anyone else might be interested.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Great idea Cathy..I posted it over on the crafts and decorating forum when it began and just popped over there to give it a little bump..maybe it was missed by some.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I would love to join. Rachel

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome Rachel!! So happy you joined in on the fun : )

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Nancy,
Can we send our crafts to you now or should I wait? Rachel

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Rachel,Anytime you are ready... I am ready for them...lol..I think if everyone gets them in the mail to me by the 3rd that should give me plenty of time to receive everyones,sort them and repack to send them back out to everyone on the 12th.
Nancy

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

cedarnest
your addy is in the exchange right? plmk and thxs

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You made me think there Moretz..had to go and make sure..lol..yes I am in the address exchange : )

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok mine will go out tomorrow thxs so much

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

are we suppose to send priorty? plmk and thxs

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Priority would definitely be the fastest I would think.I don't know if they would be here by the 12th if they are sent parcel post?.This time of year that might be reallyyyy slow...even slower than normal..lol

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok priority it is lol

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Nancy,
I mailed mine today confirmation #0479 7798 4020 2305 0911
I got to the post office and it was packed so I decided to use the do-it-yourself machine. There where a few people in front of me for the machine, so I happily waited my turn. I get up to the machine and this guy comes in with several packages and sets them on the garbage can next to the machine and stands there. Now I'm a people person and I love to talk and am not freaky about personal space but this guy was annoying! I had three packages to send and while I'm trying to do this he is standing literally a foot away yacking at me. So I get all done, labels printed and step aside to affix my labels to the boxes. I am so annoyed at this point that I forget to write the darn address on the labels after I stick them on the boxes. As soon as I heard the second box hit the bottom of the drop-off container I realized my mistake! Fortunately I was able to stand in the "stamps only" line. When I got to the front of the line I sheepishly told the clerk that I get the "idiot of the week award" and explained the situation, he chuckled and had someone come and open the drop-box so I could retrieve my packages and address them. From the clerks chuckle I'm not the only one that has ever done this!

So needless to say my crafts are on their way! Looking forward to the swap. I will be mailing the check to you tomorrow in a separate envelope. Realized that brain fart on the way home from the PO! Rachel

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.