Lilyturf anyone?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I'm pulling out several square feet of lilyturf - the dark green variety. I have the plants and there are also tubers among the roots that I could clean out and mail. It is a great full sun, evergreen mounding ground cover with late summer flowers and black berries in the winter. http://www.naturesgreennursery.com/Liriope.htm

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Do you know if the tubers can over-winter in peat, etc.?

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I don't know that much about it - I would assume that they could just be planted. MAybe you could google that?

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I've never heard of it. It looks rather interesting. I'll give it some thought.
Thanks for the offer.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hey - i was trying to give away liriope myself a month ago! Apparently it does very well in CT!
The landlords put in about 15 in the spring and told me they were: A. "something" from Florida and B. balloon flowers - y'know, the kind with big red or yellow flowers. (But when they started making little purple ones, i got an ID here on DG). They were surprised and disappointed, but i kinda like them. (As compared to most of the stuff they put in). But i have lots'o'little starters that have come off of the main plants, and some will have to go.
Who buys and plants 15 plants without knowing what they are?!?
(dave47, you said you'd take some in the spring, right????)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

If no one else is interested, I am a newbie and will try almost anything! :) Let me know how you would want to go about it. Thanks! Misty

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Has anyone ever tried Liriope "Silvery Sunproof"? I thought I might try some next year--it looks like a lighter green variegated version of the usual lilyturf.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.