Back in the saddle II

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, I was back there again today. Made alot of progress. My posting improved and April and I are starting to understand each other.

I also cantered almost a full lap in the arena. At least I did once she got out of that god-awful washboard trot!!! I had to really kick her and tell her to get her lazy butt into the canter so I could get it over with!!! LOL. It was alot better this time cause Liz told me the secret to riding it so the motion wasn't so bad. Still will take getting used to but I'll have it down in no time at all. Now I just have to get her to go straight into the canter from a regular trot.

I also got to see Liz, my trainer, ride for the first time. She is training a horse that has always been given treats no matter what he did. So he got rewarded even if he did bad things. She is trying to break him of that habit and to get him rideable. This was only the second time she rode him and he did great!! He is a really smart horse and picked up on what she wanted him to do real quick. Course he would stop occasionally just because he wanted too. lol. You could see the mischief in his eyes when he did that. Good thump of the leg or reins would take care of that. lol.

All in all it was a great ride. A young girl was there taking her lessons also and she is pretty good too. I have seen her a few times so am getting to know her mom. She was impressed with my riding and how well I am doing. Heck, I'm impressed with her girl!! LOL

I will try to remember to take the camera next time so hopefully someone there can take some pics so I can show them off to you all. :~)

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!