Blooming today in Nebraska

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I was out doing some garden clean up and looked down to find an iris in bloom. I was shocked! We've already had several freezes and I just planted it late this summer.

Autumn Surge

Thumbnail by daltri_z5
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well its certainly living up to its name, isn't it?

I LOVE blue beards!

This message was edited Nov 13, 2007 6:44 PM

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

What a wonderful surprise!

mrsj is right - it does live up to the name.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Aren't Iris Just the greatest plant
:)
A

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Jealous in Iowa--just a few mums left in bloom here...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

It was a lovely surprise. It was a little tattered from the wind/weather--but I would be too if I had been out during the freezes and strong winds. I saw buds on two other iris, Pinkness and NOID, but doubt they will open.

Wanda, I've got some mums blooming, but most of them are starting to look pretty tough. I have a snapdragon by the front steps that still has blooms and buds so I didn't have the heart to tear it out when I was cleaning up the other annuals. Another day ...

Mums are looking so tired and some dahlias but others are doing just fine, especially for mid November. Begonias still blooming and so are the roses along with Immortality. We may get our first frost tonight so we'll be covering the lettuce tonight and picking the rest of the peppers.

Lebanon, OR

Only think blooming is winter jasmine...too cold freezing at night most nights here, but finally we do have sun during the day:) So I can take the cold with no problem. Build a nice warm fire and work hard and you get nice and toasty.

D

Louisville, KY

look what I found in my garden today. tonight will be first freeze here. this iris has a wonderful full fragrance. The stem is 32 inches.

Thumbnail by timeinabottle
Louisville, KY

A different view.

Thumbnail by timeinabottle
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous and lots of buds too!

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

Pirl - I can't believe you said (up on the 14th post) "you may be getting your first frost" Geeze, I'm further south and we've had frost (hard frost) a few times! I scrapped ice off my windows this morning.

Still waiting! Dahlias are on the wane but a few are still blooming, along with an iris, a dianthus and several roses and the 80 heads of lettuce are still fine but we do cover them at night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.