DAILY PICS. VOL. 31

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Wallaby, I just love Robin!

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Wallaby, I always thought the robins on the Christmas cards my Nana sent were much more adorable that the American variety. What a cutie he is! Here's a couple of goldfinches having at the thistle seed.

Thumbnail by stellapathic
Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

So pretty. The goldfinches here have all taken on their dull winter colors.

I took this downy woodpecker today. Immature or female?

Thumbnail by bebop2
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics guys!

Thats a female bebop. :-)

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww, Sharing is so sweet.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

A migrator taking a bit of a rest on an old nest the rest are trying to piss off the swans who chose the same pond

Thumbnail by avmoran
Fellsmere, FL(Zone 9b)

This little lady just showed up this morning along with some finches.

Thumbnail by Marilyn_FL

ooo, pretty!!!

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

that jay looks a strong guy and with a well determined look in his eyes, Adel!

A very self-confident sparrow and that Robin is just to melt for Wallaby! And what a handsome guy he is and I love the story telling around it!

For the first time trying out seriously the tele lens I purchased for my camera.
collared dove in the Cherry tree;

Thumbnail by bonitin
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Inquisitive looking at what I'm up to pointing at him with that tele lens

Thumbnail by bonitin
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

A poor pic of a blue tit visiting the bird feeder. The flash of the camera isn't strong enough to reach that far with the telelens. The light conditions down in the garden are very poor even during the day...

Thumbnail by bonitin
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

She seemed a little lonely I usually see them in pairs this time of year

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

She seemed a little lonely as I usually see these guys in pairs this time of year

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

The beggers are around heavy

Thumbnail by avmoran
Las Cruces, NM

Great photos everyone. I'll trade you a couple of my doves and quail for some of your blue jays and robins.

This little Cactus Wren was so funny to watch this morning. First he went to my BOSS feeder; but he couldn't seem to crack open the seeds very easily. He'd take a seed, put it on the ground and then hammer on it with his beak until it cracked. After a few seeds he decided that was just too much work; so he went for my new suet feeder instead.

By the way, you all are an evil influence on me (lol). In the last week, I've added 2 new seed feeder, a suet feeder, and a thistle sock feeder. Hopefully they will attract some new winter visitors.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Las Cruces, NM

Spotting this scaled quail was the highlight of my morning. I have about 30 Gambel's Quail living in my yard. Initially, I thought that this was a young female Gambel's; but then I noticed the scaled pattern. It's the first one I've ever seen. We've got a lot of new construction going on near our house; so hopefully the displaced birds will find their way to my yard.

Thumbnail by NM_Jane
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hopfully you will be able to keep him there great shot

Marlton, NJ

Nice shots everyone!

Mrs Ed you caught the WB Nuthatch at just the right moment!

Avmoran Love the water fowl and the begger!

bonitin, very nice! Now spill the beans; whats the camera and new lens?

Marilyn, Beautiful shot! Is that a female Painted Bunting?

NM Jane, Love the Cactus Wren and the scaled quail !

Oh MY! That cactus wren is a cutie.

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Bonitin, I am also very interested in what kind of camera and telephoto lens you have.

Florence, MS(Zone 8b)

I spotted my first Junco of the season on Tuesday November 13.

Thumbnail by f_chisolm
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Sorry folks, no Robin today!

BUT, I got a Great Spotted Woodpecker!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Neat wallaby! Congratulations!

It was high up in the shadows, but I got a side pic too!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Lucky I was in the right place at the right time pelle, I haven't seen one for months!

LOOK! An unblurred pic of a Magpie! This was at the end of the hedge in the field, I was at the beginning. I heard it, saw it fly from the oak tree and took a quick snap in the brief space I could see it. It worked! Through the tall hedge saplings too, at least 100 yards away. OK it's small, but what luck!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Pheasant looking at me, me looking at pheasant. I was so close, it was under the hedge, it just kept walking along until I couldn't see it. I think they are getting used to me, and I had a multi-coloured jumper on so they probalby think I'm a big male pheasant.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Cute Blue Tit high up in the oak.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Even cuter.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Which crow is this Resin, I thought it had a greyish collar. it was near the top of the Horse Chestnut tree on it's own, about 50 feet up.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

It did make a noise, but I couldn't reproduce it. Very sharp and loud is all I can say!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Wood Pigeon wasn't far from the top, sunning itself, the leaves are dropping quickly. I didn't see the babies today, but did see both yesterday, they flew from the cherry tree when the postman arrived.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I don't know if this is the same crow, it was on it's own, over 3 hours later flying towards the tree.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

As the sun was getting low it lit up the top of the H. Chestnut, 3 starlings were soaking up the last rays of the sun on the very top. Notice how the leaves in the amber and black shades are camouflage for the starlings. I haven't noticed the amber colours on starlings before, some have lighter heads, I imagine young ones.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

So pretty.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Then there were 5.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

See the red sun reflection on the dark one's throat, second on the left.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

The underneath tail feathers shine amber too.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Very nice pics wallaby!

Van Etten, NY(Zone 5a)

Wallaby you were really on a roll today. So many different birds, all beautiful pics.

hehe bebop, there is a few more (oh yes, flying pheasants!) but they might do tomorrow!

Thanks again pelle!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.