JackPOT! The perfect reclaimation / recycling day

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Well I told a garden friend to keep an eye out for cheap pots. I have over 200 potted plants and always need pots for seedlings, for potting up, cuttings ect. She came by the house today to tell me that they were lamdscaping a new shopping center today and were making a trash pile of the nursery pots. I went out and talked to security who said as long as we stuck to the trash pile we could take all we wanted. I estimate we salvaged between 500-750 pots (see the picture of my van, seats folded down, stuffed to the gills). They are all shapes and sizes and if I don't like the color there is always that crylon paint. A good day for recycling fans and if your in the San Antonio Texas area....I did not even put a dent in what they have.

George in San Antonio

Thumbnail by jester
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!