I made one

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

look what i made last night with a bowling ball and a magazine!
I havent sprayed it with a final coat or anything yet.
I really like it! :)
You like it?

i want to make another one so bad---but i have laundry n kids to take care of
Maybe tonight again- i really enjoyed it!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

another shot of it

Thumbnail by notmartha
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

How cool is that!!! Nice Dori.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

That is really nice Dori. I like it. You're so talented!! Where are you going to display it?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

THANKS you gals!

I used mod podge from Joann Fabric or any craft store
then you spray with an acrylic sealer! They can go out in the garden after this!! :)
I used terra nova nursery wholesale catalog pics
I still have a bunch of those left.
thinking maybe a coral bell one next

Im dieing to make another one as we speak-been wanting to since i woke up this morning! Im hooked!

This message was edited Nov 13, 2007 9:57 AM

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

That is beautiful!! Oh no another thing I want to make, Ill be on the lookout for old bowling balls now.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori those are just beautiful !! you should make a bunch of them and then sell them I'm sure thay would sell like hot cakes I want one!!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

What a cool idea! I don't have any bowling balls lying around, lol. And you could most definitely sell them at a craft sale or summer plant swap meet!

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Very cool! I have a bowling ball that I was going to mosaic, but I just can't find the time to invest. I'll have time for this!!!

Michelle

Presque Isle, MI(Zone 5a)

Save all of your old bowling balls. I am making a necklace for the Statue of Liberty. (grins-grins)

Gary

Georgetown, IN(Zone 6a)

Wouldnt she look pretty!! That was so funny!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL gary! I went to the bowling alleys here in town and got over 22 balls a few yrs ago
I gave a few away , made a few with gems and now im doing these. So i could make Ms. Liberty a matching bracelet !!! he he eeeeeeeeee

Im going to make several just cuz its fun-then may trade them or give them or sell them!!!

its just relaxing!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hay Dori pick me I just dont seem to have an artistic bone in my body and just love that kind of stuff LOL
Gloria

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

What a great idea! I have an old gazing ball in the yard that a bird pecked all the paint off while attacking his reflection. Now it is a see-thru gazing ball! I think your idea with the bowling ball would work great for this! Thanks for the picture and instructions!

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

good job dori!

sweet revenge on the gazing ball thiefs when they try to
lug these away and their BALLS fall to the ground instead. lol
sher
i love how pretty they are

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i made more LOL to cold to do much this weekend-so this is what i worked on!

daylilies

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

and my all time favorite so far!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Dor!
Where are you storing these beauties? Be careful they don't get stolen!

And, maybe its time to shore up your floors so you all don't go roaring
down the basement, tubs,stoves, tv and people and balls....

Mighty pretty stuff! I do love that garden path one. good job!
sher

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey cool idea!! People are always laughing at me cause I have about 12 bowling balls in a pile in the middle of my garden. i have never got around to doing anything with them! this Dori is VERY creative indeed!!
Thanks for the view!!
Julie

Algonac, MI

Dori, simply GREAT use of an old bowling ball.
Do you also quilt? I notice the precision you used in placing your pictures together.
GREAT JOB!

Lowell

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

very nice dori...i wouldnt mine trying that hobby. it would look nice and a stand in the yard... when it finally gets warm. are they pretty weather proof??? Ronna

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Super looking Dori!!!! Very nice.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i spray them with acrylic sealer that says they should be ok outside-we will find out when spring gets here!!

they are FUN to make!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.