My first epi flower for the year.

Merino, Australia

Pictured are the first of my Epiphyllum flowers for this year . This plant has about 80 buds all over and the flowers are 6" wide and not quite fully opened as yet. I don't have a name for this one , but it does look like Ackermanii.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Beautiful and so many more to look forward to ...you must feel like a child on christmas eve :)
chrissy

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh my gosh Jean, the flower looks huge! Cmon, show us some more!
Sue

Merino, Australia

Good morning Sue. Isn't it a beauty ? I am putting up another pic just taken this morning. I have been taking a photo of it every week as the buds grew. Once they get to the blooming time, they all just seem to burst out overnight. This was my first and never fails to bloom every year. The flowers get to be about 8" across when fully open.
Another lovely day today and getting very hot by the weekend so they say. It seems Summer is arriving for Christmas.
Better not speak too soon as the way the weather has been changing it may snow by then.
I have a bit of tidying up of the plants that have been flowering, but the gardening is moving into the warmer weather stage, where little is needed except for some dead heading etc of the roses. Enjoy your day, Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Beautiful Jean! :)

Coffs Harbour, Australia

The one my friend down the road gave me has a flower coming. It's the red one I posted along time ago when I didn't know and epi from a zygo. LOL. I feel very lucky to be getting a flower so soon!
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.