Fafard's Anderson facility

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Ardesia told me about Fafard soils & their Anderson facility a couple of months ago, and what a great tip that was - thank you!! For any of you that are driving distance to Anderson, this might be worth a trip. :) Fafard's site - http://www.fafard.com/index.asp?p=797 They're right off Rt 29 in North Anderson.

They sell several different mixes of their potting & bedding soils, peat moss, soil conditioners, germination soil, pine barks, etc., all for $6/bag, which is about 2.8 - 3 cubic feet. If you buy 5 bags, you get the 6th bag free (just found that out yesterday). These aren't "seconds" - these are their wholesale & nursery products, and my plants are *loving* this stuff.

I was a little intimidated by the place the first time, with the big rigs and equipment all about (glad I had a friend with me), so if you go here's how it works. You drive onto their grounds and about 200 yards in, on the left, you'll see a small office bldg. Go in the front door and right there is a receptionist inside a window. Tell her you want to buy "X" bags of soil, then you pay her & she gives you a ticket/receipt. (I don't know if there's a limit) Then you drive on around the back to where there are a lot of pallets on the left side, piled with all their mixes & stuff for that day. A guy will meet you, tell him what you want, and he'll load it for you. (You'll see "mountains" of peat moss on the right side of you - the place fascinates me. LOL)

I LOVE it!! lol When I got back there yesterday I jumped out of the car and was walking back & forth looking at all they had out - shopping. ;) The guy was really helpful, pointing out a couple of things about different mixes and telling me which one was the best.

One tip - they identify their different mixes by numbers. I have no idea what number I got last time & really loved it, so I just got what he said was the best one yesterday. I got 3 bags of potting, 1 bag of germination, and 2 bags of pine nuggets for mulching.

Anyway, I think it's worth the trip if you're close. Have fun!!

This message was edited Nov 9, 2007 9:53 AM

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

good to know, a friend used to swear by Fafard #6...we can't even find it around here

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.