Creating a UniQue Dragon

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I posted a link to our newest slide show in the Artisans Cafe about the creation of my UniQue Dragon.

Janet & Connie

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You never cease to amaze, girls. Love the new project.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Christy! I do believe this is going to be our best one yet! :-) We sure are having a lot of fun creating this one. We're not in any hurry to get it "shipped" since this one will be mine.

Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Have you not determined that before, only to give in and let someone enjoy your talent? Hold onto your resolve. I am going to keep this for me. hahahaha

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ahhhh, darn....well, can I commission the next one? I've just GOT to have one to add to my collection! Janet - how can you resist being represented waaaaay out here in the Pacific?

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

We'd be proud to create something for you Shari. Just let us know what you want. :-)

By the way, I've made a few more slide shows today, on that same site, of previous projects with even more photos that what were posted here on Dave's. Be sure to check them out if you get a few minutes to spare. I'm going to try and do this with all of our future projects. It's just too much fun not to. :-)

Janet

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Can you list the site again????? I would love to see your projects!

Carol

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I've also made several of our sculptures into educational shows and added one to "Meet the Artists".
Janet

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Great site!! Keep up the great work!!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Pepper. Have you visited the Artisans Cafe? It's full of all kinds of beautiful art.

I have been in there a few times but haven't lingered very long. Trying to catch up on a bunch stuff. lol.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We miss you Pepper. Where do you go when you leave Tropical Gardening?

Everywhere it seems like. lol. Main haunts are Equine and Central midwest after this forum. After that it is whatever I have time and energy for.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Of course, now that you're riding that would be it. My son, who lives in
Tulsa called Thursday night and said his horse suddenly got a runny nose, vet gave him antibiotics and the horse was at the trainers. All of a sudden the horse had a seizure and died. Like loosing a member of the family. No diagnosis yet.

Yikes!! That's pretty scary!! I always hate it when horses die like that.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Aaawwww Christy. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's got to be heartbreaking when you get attached to them.

Pepper, I'm glad you are enjoying your horse. I've only ridden a few times in my life ... Always someone else's horse. My butt really let me know, the next day and for several days afterward, that it didn't appreciate all that bouncing around. HAHAHAHA

Janet

Janet

LOL. I don't own any horses though I wish I did!!! I am riding at a place nearby. Great horses and great trainer. I have learned more in these last few weeks than I have in all my years of learning to ride. It's great!!

I wish I could have seen you riding!! I probably would have been laughing at you. Some people just don't have what it takes to ride. It's always funny to watch those people. lol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, so sorry that we have taken this so far OT once again. I'm in love with your new website and the dragon. You and your sister are beyond talent. Way too small a word.

Christi

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey Christy! Don't worry about the OT. That's what threads are all about. I'm glad you like the site. It's not THE site yet, but it's what we have at the moment. The site will be connected to this one with links though. Thank you for your praise. It makes us both feel good to know that our work is appreciated. Unless you actually see the sculptures and know what goes into them, they can't truly be appreciated.

We haven't had any time to work on the dragon this past weekend. Hopefully some time this week we can. Although, Mom's coming not this coming Tuesday, but the next, so there is the house that will need a thorough cleaning, top to bottom. Maybe in a few weeks we can get to work on it again. We're really pleased with what we've got so far.

Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I sure understand the cleaning thing. Lost my mother almost 4 years ago and would love to have the opportunity to clean for her again.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

We haven't seen Mom since our trip to San Antonio in April. We're really looking forward to having her here. She always tells us not to worry about the cleaning. Yeah Right! It's one of the few times that the house REALLY gets cleaned top to bottom, end to end.

Christy, you should come post some of your lovely jackets you created in the Artisans Cafe. There are quite a few folks who do needle work that would appreciate them.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the invitation, Janet. don't think I quite measure up to your talent.

LouC

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Puleeeeeeeeease!!! You are a very talented gal Christy. I could never do with fabric and thread what you do. There are so many different mediums for art. Yours is beautiful! Too pretty not to share. :-)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks.

Share Christi!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, just checked your website again. Absolute magic.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much Christy. It's nice to hear that the hours and love of art I put into it is being enjoyed. :-)

Warm Hugs,
Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm amazed that not only can you make something beautiful out of nothing but your ability with the website is great. If you are not in the business, you should be.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you. Having the threads already created here helped tremendously. It was just a matter of stitching them together to make it all continuous and removing as much verbiage as I could so that the sculptures and work was showcased and not the words. I'm still working on the verbiage part of a couple of them. One of the hardest things for me to remember is that the shows are live and being updated simultaneously as I correct things. Getting interrupted in the middle of correcting things sometimes leaves them in a "lurch", but I get back to it as soon as I can. Got to take it one day at a time. It's all a work in progress and will continue to be so as long as we are both creating the sculptures.

Having input from other artisans here at Dave's has proven invaluable in making them user friendly. I spent months and months working on a different type of site, which hopefully I'll be able to get up and running by the first of the year. Now that I've learned how this site works, I'll be incorporating more and more of it into our own site.

Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm very impressed and am sure others are as well.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I keep peeking over at your website to check for updates... Guess the holidays and winter have forceda hold on this intriquing project ;~(

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

You're absolutely right. Mom arrived from San Antonio this afternoon and will be here until around the 1st of January. I don't know if we'll be able to get back on the dragon between Christmas and New Years. I'll post another link here whenever we get rolling on it again.

We did create a couple of new sparkly wind mirrors. One I have photos of, but I don't have any photos of the other yet. The 2nd one will be given to Mom for Christmas. I'll take plenty of photos then. Time just got away from us before her arrival.

I'll try to get some photos up of the new wind mirror soon on the slide show site. Between cleaning house and my computer's power supply going out last night, getting my hair colored and cut, and just general stuff, it just hasn't happened yet.

I see the dragon, or what's created of him each time I go to Connie's shop. The wings and scales, etc. are still roaming in my mind. We've got the parts. If we can just find the time. Sigh

Janet

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Every time I check out the pictures you have on the progress so far I notice more details. All of your creations have fascinated me but this one has captured my imagination more than anything has in years. I am so glad you are sharing the process.

Enjoy your holidays!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Have been missing you all over the place,Janet.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Zany. We've really had plenty of time to contemplate this dragon. We've talked about it since last Spring. I can't wait to figure out how we'll add the scales to the body. It's going to be a masterpiece when we get finished. :-)

Thanks for missing me Christi. I've been a busy gal. I've always gone 90 mph during the holiday season and this year is no different. Between shopping and decorating and cooking, there just aren't ever enough hours in the day. Only by the Grace of God to I get most things accomplished that I set out to do.

I've cut way back on my posting here on Dave's. I still read most of the forums I always have. I just haven't been taking the time to post messages. There's always so much to read whenever I sit down here to check on my friends at Dave's.

Man oh Man could I use a nap about now!

Janet

Nappity nap!! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.