Susan Amaryllis from Blooming Bulb

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I got this Jumbo Susan amaryllis bulb from BB about 3 weeks ago. It is already budded and blooming it's pretty little head off.

In fact I knocked one of the blossoms off when moving it around. :(

It doesn't look like the pictures posted in the plant files though, so I was wondering if there was something wrong with it.

Susan (kittymom) LOL

=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Here is a picture of the blossom that was knocked off. It is in front of the betta tank so that Blue Blazes can enjoy it. LOL

Yes, I am strange.

=^..^=

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=7287&PrevMainPage=page1&scChannel=Home%20Page&OfferCode=TPH
It looks a lot like the one on the Parks page though....it may just be a young bulb...I don't have that one, but it is a nice color!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

After looking on several other sites, it seems there may be more than one that is called Susan....I also found a very deep pink one that is not a large flower, along with the one that looks more like your shade of pink and is a very large flower....

I remember last year I got so confused trying to ID some of mine.

Did any of your seeds grow into bulbs? I think I told you I have over fifty. They are so cool! LOL I am bringing them in for the Winter this week. Have to fix them a spot.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I think there is some confusion about Susan. The bulb that I had, labeled Susan, produced a solid pink flower. So is your's the real Susan, is mine the real Susan, are they different Susan's, or are they both the famous cultivar called "Who Knows". I just looked in Veronica Read's book, and she describes Susan as "rose-pink on a whitish background, with a lime green throat lined with a ring of red dots", if that's any help. That sounds more like your bloom, than my bloom.

This message was edited Nov 8, 2007 8:30 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.