A spellchecker for my iMac

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The spell checker in Appleworks 6 has not the ability to check my often spurious spelling as I am typing. It (Appleworks) is rather clunky and I would like a word processing software, or separate spell checker program that would keep me on the straight and narrow, while typing of course. Problem is that the comments I have seen on Marinerwrite 3.7.2 and Grammarian Pro X 1.7 sort of scare me. Some good, but some really bad stuff happening. After using a computer now for a very few years I am still quite intimidated by all the technical words and therefore fear putting some unknown thing into the computer and having it wiggle itself into a nervous breakdown. I use the word processor about every day and would really, really, awfully appreciate some help in finding a spell checker that would check as I type or a word processing program which would accomplish the same thing, SAFELY. Or is there such a thing ? Price is no object, merely a critical factor. Something up to about $50 to $70 would be fine. I'm rather leery of stuff that is free, you get what you pay for. Can someone help ? I know a Mac ain't the norm, but it is a cute little feller.

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!