Parking at Box store Gardening Centers

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Hi, I've been trying to convince Lowe's and Home Depot to paint handicapped parking at the doors to their garden centers. Their responses have been the same, that they meet all handicapped parking requirements. If you have a minute, please send a note to their email addresses requesting these spots.

Thank you, Cathy4

Lowes: https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=custSvcOrderIssue&topic=customerService

Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=About_Our_Stores&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053#email

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

I think the reason that some do and some don't is up to their landlords but in my area they have all handicap parking by the main entrance as the electric carts are stationed there so that they are accessible to the disabled. Shortest distance from the parking area.

Yes, it is the shortest distance from the parking area, that is what is required, but it is usually a long way to the garden center from the main entrances. I make many trips to the garden center without going into the store, and during busy season, parking is rows away, sometimes further than I can walk, shop, and walk back out. Having just a few spots would really help.

Because of my disability I must use the electric carts when I go shopping so to me it does not matter as I use the power carts to move to the nursery area and then back to my car. Do you use the carts?

Tplant, only when I do major shopping, like the grocery store. I try to walk as much as I can bear. I've found the carts hard in the garden center, with hoses and such in the way, and the basket doesn't hold everything I need, haha.

I understand! My Lowes knows me and they are very helpful and get anything that I can not do by myself
by stacking everything on a flat bed cart and loading everything into my car. Sorry you are having such problems but don't let it ruin your fun.... Make them help you?

Nothing will ruin my fun, haha. It does LIMIT some of the things I can do for fun. I had 3 carts the other day, the manager was helping me fill the car, hubby unloads when he gets home from work. My friend with MS is teaching me how to ask for help, one of the harder lessons I've had to learn, but it is getting easier.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Am I the person with MS who is helping you learn to ask for help, LOL? xxx, Carrie

Carrie, since meeting you I now have 2 friends with MS, who are both teaching me to ask for help. Cathy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

;>) Funny that we're both teaching you the same thing! xxx, C

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.