looking for outstanding agastache

Toledo, IA(Zone 4a)

hi--any really outstanding color agastache you can suggest-- also looking for blue foliage anything especially bright blue--pleeeezzz

I'd like to see blue foliage too!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

As far as the best agastache I've had this year, hands down it has to be 'Tutti Frutti'. Fast grower, not fussy at all and wonderful pinky blooms. (Pinky-there's a scientific term!). Pollinators and hummers love it, too. Having good results with agastache 'Shades of Orange', too.
As for blue foliage, I'd nominate carex 'Blue Zinger' for a small note of blue. Love it! Also a big fan of fescue 'Elijah's Blue' and hosta 'Prarie Sky'. My favorite carex, though not quite blue is 'Frosted Curls'.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

This is an agastache "blue fortune" that I planted the first week of October '07. It was purchased in a one gallon pot. I have had other blue ones but I like this one best.

Thumbnail by Rocco
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

An oldie, and proven goodie! The finches love the seed from this one at the end of the season.
Bev

tggfisk - I had the pleasure of calling Bruce in Candor, NC. Im Gonna buy some plants from him. I can't wait!!!! :)

rebecca30

This message was edited Nov 15, 2007 7:36 PM

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

rebecca-are you going down there? and when?
Bev

well, I was gonna go next week Monday on my way to Ashville, but he's traveling on business. So since I wont be down that way again, I just decided to order by mail instead. :)

Anyone know the name of the Salvia that is: purple and white, and had a little bit of fuzz on it? It's an oldie variety I think. I saw a pic around here somewhere but can't remember which member had it. Need the name if anyone knows what Im talking about. thanks. :)

Update: Nevermind I found it!! Absolutely gorgeous, I'm drooling. lol.
Mexican Bush Sage (Salvia leucantha)

This message was edited Nov 15, 2007 8:39 PM

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, get something really great...Preferably something you can share in a season or two
;->>>
Hey, godsplace...
Great color in agastache...My shades of orange is blooming. I'ts blooms are small but impressive! I'm liking that one more every day.
Bev

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I planted Agastache 'Black Adder' last fall. It overwintered beautifully. It was one of the first perennials to emerge from the soil and bloomed from June through October. The foliage is very fragrant and the flower heads get thicker as the season progresses. The bees thought it was great too. I think I'm going to try that 'Blue Fortune' next year. It looks pretty cool. I just added this pic to the Plantfiles too.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2007 10:28 PM

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I planted Black Adder, but it was middle of the summer drought and it didn't survive. I'm determined to try it again, though. Great picture and incentive!
Bev

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.