DAILY PICS VOL. 29

Milwaukee, WI

Tigerlily, That little bundle of energy is a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Always on the move, hovering and darting.
Jimbo

Marlton, NJ

Very nice pics tiger!!!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Her are my babies, they were sat on the cherry tree as dusk fell, but flew off as I approached to the roof top over the road.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Just to show that I got a pic of the Jay which you can see is a Jay, I took this 2 days ago. I saw a bird flying into the trees at a distance, going kaaark, then another flew in with it. I snapped where it flew in, and lo and behold, you can see one jay and another blue wing to the right of it.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Moments later a Magpie flew across the front of the trees at the back of the field, another long shot but you can see the colours.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I'm wondering if the 3 birds at the back of this pic are Ravens, there seemed to be some disturbance going on. They look much larger, the beaks look huge and paler at the top,

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Of course they all look smaller on here!

These pheasants later in the day were feeding, with two cocks nearby as it was falling dusk. They have poor eyesight in poor light, I managed to walk up to within 15-20 yards of them before they spooked.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

This one was starting to worry.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

One flew, both males had a lready done a runner leaving the ladies in the lurch.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

It took a while longer for the other one to realise I was there.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Holy cow!! I've been run ragged this past week or so and haven't been birding or posting. What a TREAT this daylily thread is!! The best one yet. Its so good to see you back posting Linthicum. your photos are so wonderful. And the wealth of IDing info being shared is so valuable. tigerlily, wallaby, pell, nmjane, claypa and EVERYBODY (too many to name lol)... thanks for posting these great pics!

Marlton, NJ

Nice pics wallaby!

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

So beautiful, how the colours of the field match the ones of the pheasants. Beautiful pics, Wallaby!

Thanks pelle, lilyfantn, and bonitin!

The female Pheasant is well camouflaged, they nest in grass often on water drain banks so need to be the right colour. The male just has to look pretty enough to attract the female!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
I'm wondering if the 3 birds at the back of this pic are Ravens, there seemed to be some disturbance going on. They look much larger, the beaks look huge and paler at the top

Six Jackdaws and three Rooks. Can just see the pale base of the bill on the Rooks (and the wings and tail are the wrong shape for Raven).

Resin

Marlton, NJ

***Original_ sybil will be starting the next DP thread soon***

Thanks Resin, the original pic shows them much better! It seems Jackdaws and Rooks often flock together.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

hey, look who showed up today.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Very cool; Nice pic of the Northern Flicker Mrs Ed!

Yah, been a while since one was in the yard. But usually pretty common.

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Don't you just love 'em? Their call (song) makes me feel like I'm in a jungle too. They are such pretty birds, and great picture Mrs. Ed. :)

Klamath River, CA

I'm stuck.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I just love your flicker photo MrsEd. I don't see them very often here in Tn. I used to see them all the time on Long Island. I miss them!

Love your crow adel. (is that what it is?)

Klamath River, CA

I'm calling it a Crow unless I'm corrected. The bill is smaller than the ravens around here and the over all size is smaller.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yep, American Crow.

Resin

Here's the same flicker on the ground. I enjoyed watching him push around the starlings.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

And a Downy Woodpecker finally finds the new log feeder.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

What a great feeder! That reminds me that I haven't put out any peanut butter yet. I just slather it on the tree bark lol.

Marlton, NJ

Hi Mrs Ed, Thats a female Red-bellied Woodpecker in post

# 4175565.

Nice pics!

Lets take this to the new thread now please. :-)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788457/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.