Happy Birthday UniQueTreasures from the Northeast!!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Janet - I hope you check in at the Northeast Forum so that you can get your birthday wishes. It may be getting cold up here but we're sending you the warmest of wishes to have a fantastic birthday!! Eleanor

This message was edited Nov 4, 2007 6:22 AM

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Janet

Thumbnail by debi_k
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope you have a great birthday, Janet!

Thumbnail by grampapa
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

A pretty little bird named Eleanor let me know about the birthday wishes here in the Northeast Forum. I am truly honored that you all have started a thread for me here. The photos are wonderful. I'd love to be right there Eleanor. It's so beautiful! I've only been up that way once in my life, back in 1997 when I drove from Southeast Texas to Virginia, then headed up to visit my best friend Ilene in Connecticut. It was summer time and the mountains there just took my breath away. This was my one and only driving trip and when I arrived back in my driveway a month later, I'd driven every single mile of the 4500 mile trip. I brought back so many wonderful memories with me. I had 3 kids (my oldest daughter brought her best friend, and they were both 15) along with me though, so the trip wasn't all "roses". I have got to go back and look at the photos again. I just love all of that beautiful Fall color. We don't get much of that here. Just the ugly tallow trees turn, unless you are lucky enough to have a maple in your yard. :-)

Debilu, the purple flowers are wonderful too. I love buddleia and have some that is more in the pink family. Butterflies just love it. I never even knew it existed before Dave's. It's funny how many things I say that about... before Dave's. HAHAHA What a wonderful place to be with such wonderful and caring folks.

Grampapa, I haven't seen you in quite some time. I used to see you on Penelope's thread and really enjoyed visiting. In case you all don't know it, we've started an Artisans Cafe and many beautiful works of art are posted there in the artisans forum. We're already on page 3 and it's only been opened for a week. We'd love to have you come by for a cup of coffee and some goodies. Be sure to check out the first 2 threads. There is wonderful artwork in all of them, but especially in the first one when we started to "decorate" it.

Thank you all again for remembering my special day. Eleanor, you get an A+ in my book for being such an early bird! :-)

Janet

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Janet! Any friend od Eleanor's is a friend of ours.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Dave! Nice to meet ya! I appreciate the birthday wishes.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

A Happy Birthday from here too....Have I seen you in the birdwatching forum also????

Thumbnail by venu209
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Venu. I'm guilty of being there also. :-) I do love birds. I haven't posted any photos lately because I haven't had any to post. I did go to the Renaissance Festival though yesterday and there was a birds of prey show that was fabulous. I will try to post some photos there tomorrow when I figure out what kind of birds they are. I couldn't hear the lady that was talking about them because of the jerk that was standing close to me. (not hubby, in case you were thinking that HAHAHA)

Here is a preview of one of the birds. They were all beautiful birds.

Thanks again for the B-day wishes. I hope to see you in the birdwatching forum soon.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures

My Goodness, he is gorgeous!! No matter what kind bird he is. I should visit that forum more often since I love to see any bird in the back yard. And chipmunks and squirrels and rabbits etc :~)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Me too. That's why it's one of my watched forums. I don't keep up with much else than the daily photos though because there are so many other watched threads on my home page. I will post a thread with these birds, hoping maybe Resin can help with the ID's. I'll send you a link when I do the thread. I got a whole bunch of photos of the birds. They really had some cool personalities.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy b-day!!!!!! many many more ....

Thumbnail by Kassia
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Kassia. Beautiful rose. I just love that color. I had no idea roses came in that color. Reminds me of a dreamcicle.

Janet

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Janet.

You're watching this forum too - amazing.

Mr. Sir - from the land of.......

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Waybigo hugs Al. It's great to see your smiling face here. I wasn't watching this forum and have never been here before. In another thread, Miss Eleanor told me about this thread so I had to come see. I must say, you all do things right! HAHAHA I always expect the best from folks at Dave's and am never ever disappointed. :-) Dave's is a great place to be, I'm sure! I feel like I've been traveling all weekend long! HAHAHAHA

Thanks again for the wonderful birthday wishes. I love that photo Al. Is that close to you? Your back yard perhaps?? Looks like a good dove hunting area.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

You're welcome to all the doves you can get here - I don't think we have a season though.

That is not too far from here - mostly harvested now.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Dove and duck season has been horrible for several years here. I can't help but wonder if the hurricanes we've had in the past few years have had anything to do with the migration of them. I don't even buy a license any more because they just aren't very plentiful and I hate to add to their even further diminishing. I plan to hunt with my camera this year. Sure beats paying for a license I don't get to use.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Can you shoot the doves at the feeders?LOL always a lot there here. Ducks are steady here, geese are now like winged rats with how well they do in cities.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated Birthday Janet. Hope your birthday was as colorful as Autumn in Maine!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Janet - hope you had a great day yesterday. I never know what thread I'm on so knowing where I meet up with people is almost impossible to remember. I think I first met you when you were making Victor's dragon fly sculpture which was totally awesome!!!!! That was probably on daily pics, right? Anyway, I would have made sure that you would read the postings for your birthday wishes if you didn't check in at the Northeast forum. Eleanor

HB Day to you.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Quoting:
Can you shoot the doves at the feeders?LOL always a lot there here.

Giving you THE look, over the top of my glasses. You know what THE look means Al, so I won't say anything else about it and embarrass you. }8^>

WOW Pixie, your Autumn colors are magnificent! Thanks so much!

Thanks Schicken. It's been such an awesome birthday. I am so blessed. :-)

Quoting:
I never know what thread I'm on so knowing where I meet up with people is almost impossible to remember. I think I first met you when you were making Victor's dragon fly sculpture which was totally awesome!!!!! That was probably on daily pics, right?

Eleanor, I've met so many wonderful folks here on Dave's over the past 18 months. I recognized your name but like you, sometimes have a hard time placing a name with a forum. :-) Thanks for your kind comment about Victor's dragonfly. We are very proud of all of our sculptures. Connie and I have made several other sculptures since then.

There is a new Artisans Cafe that just opened up last week in the Artisans Forum. I sent out invitations to all of the crafty type forums and folks have been posting their works in there. Dave's has an incredible assortment of talent here. I'd like to invite everyone to come by and check out the wonderful art and meet the folks. They are really nice and the food is wonderful!

Here's the original thread - Page 1
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/784415/

Page 2
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/786200/

Page 3
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/786729/

And we're starting on Page 4 today
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/787221/

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Janet

Assonet, MA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday. Hope you have your happiest and most creative year ever. I love your art. :)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you DaiseyCat (I love that name) It's going to be a wonderful year. I can feel it in my bones. :-)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dontchu gimme that look ;)

I even took this pic yesterday for you. It's a metal sculpture by the harbor.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Allrightythen Al. I suppose since you went to so much trouble, I'll withdraw THE look. You're forgiven! :-) That is really beautiful. I can tell that it's also really big! You are always finding the neatest things to take photos of.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I've been meaning to check out that cafe thread over in the Artisan's forum. Sounds like fun. That's one of my winter hangouts LOL Nice to see you here in the NE

Janet - loved your site. The sculptures you and Connie have made are beautiful!!! You are very talented and I'm sure that's one of the reasons I remember you - the pics of Victor's sculptures made a lasting impression on me. Eleanor

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you so much. I'm glad you all appreciate our work, though it seems more like fun instead of work to us. Connie and I do compliment each other very well. We look forward to each sculpture we create. I'm hoping the next project will be the dragon (for me) that we've been talking about for months. We've finally figured out how to make it breathe fire, so now, it's a matter of building on that and the head that Connie sculpted from modeling clay. I can tell you now that it is going to be magnificent! HAHAHAHA The head already is. :-)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Venu, as promised, the thread from the Birds of Prey from the Texas Reniassance Festival has been created. Here is the link. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/787292/ I hope you enjoy the photos. They were some incredibly beautiful birds.

Have a wonderful day!

Janet

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Janet! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Welcome to the NE Forum! Hope you stay awhile and come back often! Louise

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Louise. I appreciate the warm welcome and all of the wonderful birthday wishes. I'll be checking in now and then to make sure you all stay out of trouble. Especially with Al and Victor both hanging out here! HAHAHAHA

Janet

Thanks Janet. Those are a magnificent bunch of birds! Love the wingspan shot of Ed.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Janet. Eat an extra piece of cake for me :-)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

You're quite welcome Venu. I was just fascinated with all of the beautiful birds.

Thanks Seandor. I didn't make any cake, but Mrs. Smith stopped by with a delicious Apple Crumb Pie. I'll be sure to have an extra slice of that for you this evening.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, UniqueTreasures, I appreciate you doing that for me lol

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Not a problem at all. it's a wonderful pie.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Good Morning Folks and Happy Veteran's Day to you.

I told y'all I'd come back to visit this forum, so here I am. Who made the coffee this morning? It's wonderful!

I posted earlier in this thread about the dragon that Connie and I are making.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Great Art & great website!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I hope you all have a great day. The weather here in SE Texas is gorgeous! I could be out there in shorts today! HAHAHAHAHA But I still wouldn't have the beautiful colors of Fall that all of you enjoy.

Janet

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Incredible! My wife saw some of your work & asked me to email her your site.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.