Guest Who Came 2 See Me?

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Today was the perfect day for a visit with my dear gardening buddy. She did have to travel about 75 miles to get to Douglas. We had plan on going to the National BBQ festival here, but then decide to just hang out in my garden. I show her every nook and cranny of my garden & then some. All those treasure's that I try to hide from everyone (junk)!! lol!!

I did show her our pool house were the Round Up was going to take place. I'll let her comment and she can give you a much better report on what the surrounding are like. I would like to plan another round up for 2008, whether it be in the spring or fall. Whatever is best for most folks, I'm game!

Can you guess who my Dave's gardening buddy was????

Hey There Girl Friend you know who you are! Let me just say, you are very speical too me!!
I'm so glad we spent the day together, let's do it again soon with an oyster roast at that!!!!

Donna

where's all the GA gardener's?? Sitting around a toasty fire tonight!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

No, We are scrurrying around like crazy shoving tender plants in the house!!!!
There is a freeze forcasted for tomorrow night. :(

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey there Donna girl, you've been doing good! I did not comment at all fot weeks but I;ve "been watching". Congrats on your B'day AND your families court case.
I have been finishing up a guestroom upstairs and this week the excavation took place for the sw.pool. YES! We finally managed to get a permit. I'm busy making making paper yard plans etc. VERY exciting.
And it IS cold up here. This morning at 07.15 my meter registred 0C° I went to Growers Outlet Loganville with my parents, came home with lot of plants that I intend to keep in pots untill yard is ready for planting. Was that a real big mistake???? Pls. tel me not. My mom gave us a bunch of plants for the new yard, I'd hate to loose them.
How's everybody else doing?
Coby

Doin pretty good Coby, thanks for asking.........we got our first frost last night thou it wasn't to bad.....alot of my perennials survied!!

You didn't Guess Who my company was?? She just waiting for someone to guess her, so SHE CAN TELL IT ALL on how bad my garden looks !!!!!!! lol!!

will somebody just say..............WHO!!!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay! WHO???
Sorry, I don't have a guess but I have no clue.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2007 4:07 AM

Coby, sorry that you don't win a prize for not guessing!! lol!! But sure glad you came back and ask!

It was my dear friend "Cordeledawg" and I know she just about to jump out of her skin to tell all how sad my garden looks.................We have a WONDRFUL visits while our hubby listen to the Dawg's game!

Ok Deb, I just couldn't wait on anyone to guess that it was you. gf!
You can take it from here!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

ROFL, you're a mess Donna, you know that? Everyone, I'm here to say that Donna has the ideal accomdations for a Round-up and a fishing rodeo. Her DH threw a 5 gallon bucket of fish food into the pond. Well, jump-back-jack... If I didn't know any better I'd say sharks and piranhas churned the water! I'd hate to fall in about the time the fed hit the water! I've never seen the like. Her pool house is very similar to our local Community Club house where people have family reunions and weddings.
Donna's got the green thumb, the nursery set-up going on and as many irons in the fire as Carter's has liver pills. I so very much enjoyed my visit to gapeahen's home in southeast Ga.
Donna came to my house the previous week and brought a drip watering system to teach me how to install it. I'm in awe at what this gal can do.

Oh, yes let me tell all about my trip to Cordeledawg's house. Well for starters I want to say how "PROUD" I am of you, Deb. You have only been gardening for 2 yrs now and you have done all you homework well. You are like a dry sponge soaking up ever bit of plant information you can gather. How impress I am that you are doing keep great notes in your dairy & journal. Something I haven't good into the habit of doin yet. I see your vision in your garden and want you help you in any way I can. Thank goodness we're only 75 miles apart and we've got unlimited calling!!

Deb, your planting around the pond is going to BEAUTIFUL and filled in just right in about 3 yrs. Which it will take about that long for your perennials to fill in. And now the you and I are on this mission of planting more native plants, I feel that your my right hand keeping me line in and also helping me stay focus. Which that's a HARD job to do with me!! lol!!

And ALL those butterflies you have raised......WOW that's it just so COOL! You can even name a BF as it flutter's by.......which I could only name about 3 or 4 .......Do I'll that winter sowing in your milk jugs last year and had Great success with them. Hey, I don't even sow seeds as well as you do!!

As a master gardener( & from my father) I was taught to share my knowledge with any one who is eager to learn the love of gardening. I LOVE sharing with you and other's! You may have to slow me down a bit, cause you know me I do bonus around a good bit!!

Just think that almost a year ago in January we met in person for the first time. Went to Athen's Ga...GGIA trade show for 5 days & night together not knowing if we would kill each other before our 5 days were up!! OH How We did survied and ready to go again!! Who knew that we would become great gardening buddies after that trip! I do believe GOOD people are place in OUR LIVES by the hand's of the MAN up stairs!
He knew we both needed to have a SPEICAL FRIEND that were
tiller's of the SOIL........SOUL!!

Deb, I want all to know how much you have inspired me when I was at my lowest. How wonderful to have you around to give me those GREAT EGO boost!! Which we all need a BOOSt from time to time. Ok, do yo feel an EGO rush now??? lol!!

I'm ready to head you way again in the near future, we gotta get your irriagation system install before it cold cold weather.......I'm thinking of a simple design for you Green house that will be simple for us GAL"S to install! Ya know how I'm a BIG do it yourself kinda of GAL!! We not need to ask for those honey do's anymore!!
We've got WOMEN POWER!!! lol!!

You GO GIRL!!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Speaking of tubing I found whole boxed kits at Walmart marked down from $21.96 to just $5.00 that will make a water/drip system for one small bed. I bought 3 boxes YEA!. Went back to find other components that Donna told me to find on sale. There were so many different sizes and types it got really confusing. I need another lesson but instead of laughing through the lesson, maybe I should take notes.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

that is wonderful!! Sound like you two had a great time!! :) What was the GGIA trade show and did you get any great plants there?? :)

Coby, you ARE lucky to have gotten your pool permit. Some counties are stopping them completely and some builders are going to be hurting. We sell to builders and service people.. Hopefully the service guys will keep us a little busy for the time being...

Danita, I've got pots waiting for you whenever your ready to get them! :)

Susan

GGIA is Georgia Green Industry Assco. whatever to do with gardening it was there & then some! Oh, yes we had my yukon load down with plants, even on the top of the yukon. We bought back 4' dogwood & maple's and butterfly bush from Dr.Dirr's at the experimental station. It was so funny, we did even know if we could get our luggage in because of all the plants!! lol!!

Cordeledawg, was so happy to meet Vance Dooley!!

Thumbnail by gapeahen

Here's Dooley & Dr. Dirr

Thumbnail by gapeahen
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Ok, sista, now ya gone and done it. I got one of you and Coach too. Just wait until DH gets off his computer!

oh not not that picture PLEASE! I look so FAt face!!
You may add the another one of you & I at your place! or I can if you like!

Boy did those DAWG"S do it again!! 45- 20 Wow! What a game!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Do you remember what my son said about you when I told him I was going to Athens with someone I had never met in person, only on the internet? And do you remember what your son said to you when you told him you were picking up a stranger you met on the internet on your way to Athens?

Well, this ax murderer is coming to get you! ROFLOL!

My My How I do remember .........that our son think a like.....be us mom's weren't worried at all!! lol!!! Ya want chat on tele in about 15 mins?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Sure! Night owl.

waiting on son to call, he spending the night off! your tele will be rings soon!
I've got something to mail you that you must have in your garden library

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What fun!!! :)

Yea, us night owls had a lesson on irrigation.
Deb, hope I was a good teacher! lol!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.