Fungus or eggs?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Within a few days of bringing my plant in for the winter it was covered in this. I cut off all the leaves and sprayed it with neem oil. Now it is back again. I have no idea what it is.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Any guesses?

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Looks like it might be eggs of some type to me. If you look at the blobs on the bottom left of the stem you can se e the egg shape and the embryo of whatever is in there as the dark shade each circle is giving off.

Have no idea if it a good bug or bad bug. What kinda plant is that of f of. Might help to identify then which pests and beneficials like that plant.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Starlight, it is a 'Stictocardia Beraviensis'

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I have hunted everywhich way I could think of even under it's common name, but there just no real info out there on yoru plant that I can find.

You might ask over in the forum where all the Mornign Glory folks hang and ask them if they have seen any eggs liek this on their plants.

I don't think I would take the chance on them being beneficials. Think I would eradicate them buggies now.

Neem oil only works if the temp you mix the water with is , is at a certain temp.

If it was mine, I woudl take the plant, put it in the bathtub or sink dependign on how big it is, squirt some dish soap in a bottle on it, ( put water in bottle, then dish soap. ) on it especially where the eggs are let it sit for a bit, and then give it a good bath, and a good clean watering afterwards and then let it drain real good.

I find that besides killing the bugs on the plants the dishsoap usually kills what is in the soil too without damaging the plants.

I got some more plants to bring in and I always cringe when I do. Always wondering what creepy bug has hitched a ride in without me knowning it. : )

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Star for your help. They are trying to help me at the MG forum too!! I don't want to lose it I started it from seed. I will give it another bath tonight....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.