U-shaped potting bench?

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

For awhile now I've been looking at potting benches. Since I'm working from a sitting position, they are all too tall and all in front of me so I have to lean forward and stretch my arms out. Has anyone designed a lower L or U shaped potting bench, or maybe one with a pull out/flip down work table? Thanks for any information, C

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cathy, I'd recommend just sitting at a table where you can sit on a chair that pulls under the table. No? I guess I don't know what a potting bench is.

Carrie, I finally gave up and bought a small patio set. I had wanted something a bit bigger, but the price was right. If the chairs had castors it would be perfect but the shape isn't right for adding them. I put a small wire shelving plastic greenhouse against the wall of the house to hold supplies & small plants. A plastic bin fits on the bottom shelf to hold potting soil for when I have leftovers. It is a working solution.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ahh, see I can't use chairs with casters - I lose my balance and fall right off. I'm glad you found something that worked for you!

Haha, that is why I got the better chairs with arms. They are wide enough for my big caboose but I don't tip over. Scooching (is that a word?) them in and out on the pavers is the hard part.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, my physical therapist and I spent 6 weeks on skooching. (Regional spelling varies but the word has the same etymology.) Maybe put one of those plastic things that secretaries use under their chairs so as not to ruin the fancy plush carpet during their zillion trips between the phone, the typewriter and the filing cabinet, you know what I mean? It makes rolling easier.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.