Texas Dawn Bougie

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I wonder if this really is a Texan native?
Anyone from Texas Know???

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

No, my guess is someone from Texas probably discovered this particular cultivar or something like that, but bougies are not native to TX. They're native to Mexico, maybe some other parts of Central/South America as well, but they're for sure not native to TX.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well what in the heck are they calling them that???? LOL
Your probably right!
Thanks
Don

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I bet whoever named it had some fond memories of sunrise on a Texas morning, and thought the color of the flowers looked like the color of the sky or something.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Say that was great,I think you ought to write a book,with ideas like that!!!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Maybe whoever hybrized and came up with that variety was from or lived in Texas?
BTW we do have very nice sunsets;-)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Perhaps they did live in Texas,no doubt!
And I have seen many a sunset,for I lived not a great distance from you,45 yrs ago,but it was in Okla,Altus,but crossed over to see a whole other country on Occasions!
But I do have a son living in Texas,Amarillo.
I'm thinking of retiring in a few years,and would like to make my home down south of San Antonio .
I also have cousins living in Del Rio,and she says I should visit there before I decide to retire ,for I might change my mind on where I might retire to!!!

Don

Well if the Sunsets are as pretty as that boge ...lovelyTM here in Australia the names are mostly different for the ones you have over there ...I was told by a Boge grower that they change the names around every now and then as a marketing thing. I love my boges and have many different colours ...I was wondering how they breed the new ones ...it must be by seed I guess ,do you know? I would love to try and grow some from seed ...I have so many they would have to cross ...perhaps the seedlings would revert to the huge purple triffid types. Anyone know and has anyone grown them from seed? Happy gardening TM and everyone :)

Thumbnail by
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LIke you I'd guess seeds,I have about 5 different ones,had lots of them but gave them to the zoo,couple years back,variegated leaves,and reverse variegated leaves,always thought they were harder to get to come into bloom,but very pretty when they did.
Indian summer has arrived here,just beautiful weather were having.
Hope it last.
Chrissy is the heat on there down under???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.