Big step for Shaq

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Shaq made a big step today. I have been riding him just a bit and he has been doing well. Our saddle club had a trade day today and was suposed to have an equine dentist on hand so I took Shaq to have his teeth checked. He has had a slight tilt to his head while eating and has been losing a bit of feed. He took the trip in stride. Loaded well, ( he has never had a problem in that area ), and stood well tied to the trailer. The dentist was not there but it was likely for the better. Shaq had a nice day out without any pain to ruin it. I'll get the dentist to come to the farm for him. I rode him around at the show grounds and he did very well. Stood to be mounted and moved well. He was a bit antsy to get back to Godiva and her continuous calling for him didn't help. But being in a strange enviroment, it was expected that he would cling to his "special" friend. All in all, I am very happy with how the day went.

Doesn't he look relaxed and content? Quite a victory with his history.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 66 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!