Funny frog

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I found this bloke on the gate by the pool. He scared the bejeezus out of me by clinging to both post and gate as I opened it, stretching out like a rubber band!
He got very lively after I caught him and I spent awhile chasing him all over the loungeroom after showing him to DH.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

He was very warty and pale looking. Has anyone seen one of these before? His toes are like a Gecko's toes, don't you think?

Thumbnail by weed_woman

I love frogs ...never seen one like that before and I have lots!
I thought that if they had warty things they were toads....did you try kissing him?

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

I am pretty sure you have a Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria peroni): http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/peroni/

One diagnostic feature is the way the pupil of the eye appears like a cross. This shows well in both your pictures.

We have twice had them appear on our windows on a summer night. They were a big surprise, because here in Churchill, Victoria, we are outside their recorded range, but I have learned since that they have been expanding their range in Victoria.

Here is one I pictured down here:

Thumbnail by kennedyh
North Augusta, ON

That is the coolest frog!!!

(excuse me) I just find it so cool I can be in Australia and Canada at the same time!!!!

Hi threegardeners! yes it is cool isn't it :)
Yes he a cute little frog ...so I have learned that frogs can have warts too...must watch out for one ...thanks for the ID k...it is so interesting to hear how things are gradually creeping out of their zones...there was this thing on telly last night about lots of land appearing in Greenland that has never been seen before(because it has been under snow for 400 years) ...makes you wonder what it may be like in say 50 years from now.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Yeah, and weren't they happy to be able to grow lettuce! So I'm not the only one!
I didn't kiss that frog Chrissy! Missed my chance didn't I? Probly wouldv'e turned out to be some prince with a drug habit and a mobile phone, that keeps messaging his ex-princess or something! I'll stick with DH for now, as long as he plays his cards right!
I expect there will be a lot more frogs about today with the rain. We have been fishing out small, ugly, brown toady looking frogs from the pool. They appear a bit bloated, but I don't know if thats from the chlorine/salt immersion, or are they like that anyway. I'll get a pic next time, and maybe kennedy can have a look.
Hello threegardeners! I'd like three gardeners around here! Reckon I could give them a full time job! I'm looking out the window at at least 4 plants in pots waiting for the holes to be dug, and I know of another 4 in another garden bed awaiting burial as well! I hate digging holes! DH suggested I walk around and mark my spots with paint, then he can hire a post hole digger and dig all the holes at once. Sounds good in theory, but my garden plans are not that far advanced and come to me in fits and bursts. I reckon he could just dig holes everywhere at a bout 3-5 metres apart and that should suffice for the next year or so.LOL

Yes holes in the ground so funny...at least he digs them for you...I have to dig my own, hubby being a workaholic...bless him he means too ,but if I waited for him to find the time I would have pot bound old things everywhere! oh well at least it keeps me fit (for an old chook) my post hole digger ( manual kind) is my second best friend...first is the lawnmower!
Enjoy your day everyone!

North Augusta, ON

hi again-----it is wonderful having 3 gardeners----I just have to casually mention I'd like something dug, or moved and next time I look----it's done for me!!!
There is the "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem though----we're forever stealing each other's plants, and you never know if something you've put somewhere is gonna stay there!!!
Really nice to meet you all.

Hi do you mean that there are three garden lovers in your home?...
maybe a bit like sharing the remote control for the telly....or the computer ...I don't know if I would like someone messing with my jungle...remote or computer.Guess I am too set in my ways :)

North Augusta, ON

yes, there are now 3 of us!!!
I moved here myself and created the gardens------then Dad passed away and Mom--an avid gardener---came to live here----then I met DH and discovered he is an avid gardener as well---have had to divide my gardens in 3, rough boundaries, and I NEVER buy a plant unless it can be divided 3 ways. Makes life interesting for sure.

Thumbnail by threegardeners

Ha ha ha...well the garden is beautiful ,I guess so long as you all love it...you sort it all out between you.
Gosh the hot wind outside is roaring away so loud the noise a bit scary...have a good one threegardeners say hi to the other two!*smile*
chrissy

North Augusta, ON

will do, make sure you have the "hatches all battened down".

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.