Funny frog

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Oh my gosh, this one scared the crap out of me when I opened the pool gate! It was hanging on to both gate and post and stretched out like a rubber band!
It has toes like a gecko and was quite warty. I have not seen one like it here before!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Another view. It was quite lively, and so after a fun chase around the house, I caught it and put it back in the garden near to where I found it.

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Weed W - Hello Dorothy here.
Was the frog a putty color or did it have those pinks and greens that show up on the second photo? I wonder about it taking on color ...it so matches the fabric that it shown under it. Thanks for the photo - I am going to pass it onto my son who loves frogs. (and spent his entire saving trying to 'save' his frog after it got some kind of mite from the food he bought.) The mites didn't kill the frog...the vet's prescribed dip did tho.

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

I am pretty sure you have a Peron's Tree Frog (Litoria peroni): http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/peroni/

One diagnostic feature is the way the pupil of the eye appears like a cross. This shows well in both your pictures.

We have twice had them appear on our windows on a summer night. They were a big surprise, because here in Churchill, Victoria, we are outside their recorded range, but I have learned since that they have been expanding their range in Victoria.

Here is one I pictured down here:

Kennedy

Thumbnail by kennedyh
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Dorothy, it was that colour when I found it, although it was on a cream gate.
Thanks Kennedy, by the look of your pic, you've hit the nail on the head, so it probly is that colour in general. I have to go and look it up now. DH is a frogaholic and is chuffed at the sudden increase in our frog population and diversity. I said its because we've gone organic and our eco system supports them, he said "Codswollop!" I say "Cribbit!"
Sue

chuffed and codswollop..... is good..yes?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Chuffed is Stoked (yeah good!)
Codswollop, is rubbish, bulls#%t, and phooey.

I'm at work now...surrounded on all sides by Codswollop...;0)

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Yeah, well I'm chuffed to be at home but I'm sick of the codswollop on T.V

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.