*Success!!!*

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

So, miracles can happen...

... if you have never met Mic Mac, the following video will be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

But for a horse I've never been able to halter without locking him in a stall, (and even then it certainly wasn't easy or comfortable, he'd usually shake like a leaf) who blew out of said stall so hard last month that he knocked me flat (with the door, not him, but he's still too freaking big to be acting that way) and barely able to approach to scratch or pet without him walking away - it has only been with a lot of patience and a lot of treats that I've been able to get that far.... the video is a miracle. At least, the fact that it took a man only 4 hours to get him this way, sure is.

Now, at least while we're in the round pen, I can catch him, halter him, lead him, move his back end (mmm, mostly!) and pick up his feet.

The video is filled with mistakes and is pretty long, but if you wanna take a glance, please do! Regardless of my mistakes, this is the first time I've felt like there's hope for getting Mac beyond his fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqRR_vULZ58

This thread has 76 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!