Late season Color Clown

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

I have never had cannas bloom this late in the season. This one is doing very well in a large pot in our front yard. It put out its main blooms a couple of months ago and then just decided to go for one more show!
jo

Thumbnail by GeorgiaJo
Orlando, FL

Oh how pretty....How lucky you are.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

my ermine is also a late bloomer like yours, but it is winding down for the season

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

There's still no real frost in the forecast (altho it might dip below 40 tonight); am hoping that the Color Clown continues to open.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh how pretty! I have Cannas, but just the "normal" every day cannas.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

My red everyday ones finished up blooming last week. Yours is sure pretty.
I do have one little bloom on one of my seedlings I brought in that was in a pot. It is white.

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

She lasted until the night before last when it dipped to the high 20s for a few hours. I'm going to miss her. Great idea bring a small one inside... don't know why I didn't think of that. Keep us posted on how it does.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I wish I could post a pic. but that darn camera has to be replaced. Sorry yours froze. I had a lot of frozen blooms and really hated that.

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it's sad to see it freeze, but the plant should survive ok in its pot (they usually do). And, because this is Georgia, at least I get to have pansies bloom all winter. And am starting to look forward to springtime already!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Yes, pansies are pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.