Do you like Lavenders ???

Merino, Australia

I have a few lavenders and want to get more of the cute little rabbit eared ones. They are such a great plant in any garden Hardy as well as pretty. Posting pics of my favorite ones in my garden. The green one I grew from a little slip about 5 years ago and it grew too large for where it was so I moved it, and the next year a baby grew there. whether from a root piece left in ground or from seed , I don't know. It does seed though because there are young ones around it. My other one I like is called a brown lavender. It has a proper name but brown lavender suits me. The flowers are why it is name dbrown . They are a brownish color. Unusual.
happy gardening

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

The brown lavender.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

another pretty lavender.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Adelaide, Australia(Zone 10a)

Yep, Lavenders are great and the Lavendula Stoechas (with the rabbit ears) seem to do the best here as does Lavendula dentata (French Lavender). English lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) seems to struggle a bit in Adelaide. Don't know about the rest of the country. The only lavender I have at the moment is the Lavendula Canarensis or Canary Island lavender. It has fern like leaves. I bought them at a cottage garden sale for a dollar each and they are only small. We'll see if they like it at my place. If not, I'll probably go the rabbit ear root!! Thanks for sharing your pix!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.