Some of my adeniums

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Noble Concubine is blooming yet again.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is an unknown. It is a huge plant.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is the leaves on Kao Sala Phat Nong. I just love the leaf pattern.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Here is the whole plant

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is Princess Beauty. It is a nice variegation to it.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is Raji Nee Mai Ngam. It got this one from Buried Treasure and it is my favorite variegated adenium.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is Milky Way. As you can tell, I have this thing for variegated adeniums.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Wow, nice plants. Just curious, what's the temperature is like now in Florida? Does it get cold at all in the winter ? Do those plants have to be brought inside in the winter ? If not, I will be so jealous :)

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am in North Florida right on the Gulf of Mexico. The temps may drop below freezing for a few hours in the middle of winter. I do bring my adeniums into the garage sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It did get chilly last night. Right now it is 60 degrees and will warm up to the seventies. We just had a cold front to come through.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Nice collection!
I always like your pics!
Well done, theyre happy. ;)

Yardley, PA

I like your pictures except that I usually start buying after I see them!! That Noble C. is a bloom machine. I bought the varigated after I saw yours and I really like them, too. Sally

Norfolk, VA

i have one that the leaves are starting to fall off of. just got it late summer. is this normal

Yardley, PA

bhaugh, that is very normal. They are decideous. I keep mine warm and under lights so mine rarely go completely dormant. They will be resting though so I give them much less water and fertilizer. They will lose most of their old leaves and replace them over time. When them happens I will also check carefully for spider mites for mealy bugs because that can cause that, too, right now. I will fight them all winter. If you are keeping them cool and withdrawing water, all the leaves will fall off.

Norfolk, VA

thanks sally! theroom it'sin is about 70 degrees and i read that i should water it less in the winter.

Yardley, PA

Definitely water it less. Just so you don't lose the roots. I have had mine bloom for me in the winter?! Mine are also under lights. I have done this for many years with no problem.
Some people enjoy having the winter off and just let them go completely dormant.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Love the Kao Sala Phat Nong and Raji Nee Mai Ngam. What do their blooms look like? I would love to have some like them. You said you got Raji Nee Mai Ngam from Buried Treasure. Where did you get Kao Sala Phat Nong?

Exploring this forum and especially your pics makes me want to get a whle bunch of adenia (adeniums?)!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got that one from snowbelt adeniums. Neither have bloomed yet. Raji started to and then the blooms fell off when I had to go out of town and they did not get watered. I am sure to have a bloom this year.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Rylaff u need to mail me your adeniums when u go out of tow
Or an addy so I can water em for ya 8D

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks! You could turn it into a mini vacation and hang out on the beaches here in Destin.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Beautiful pics, Lisa. I can see why you love them so much.

You should go to Thailand if you can. They have amazing adeniums over there as well. My friend Kukiat sends me the most amazing pictures of adeniums over there.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA

Unfortunately, like plumerias, adeniums can get the color break virus too, which is starting to show up over there.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA

Here is a photo he sent of a plant contest at the King plant show in Thailand.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.