BB Project Supplies Poll

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

You might say I'm being lazy here, but instead I'm going to say I'm short on time. I'm going into the "big town" tomorrow and intend to pick up the rest of my supplies to start on my BB garden orbs. There are soooo many BB threads and I only have about an hour before I have to get ready for work . so I'd like to poll those of you who have already made some of these beautiful pieces of art.

What kind of paint do you use as an undercoat on the ball?

What adhesive do you prefer to attach the glass, jewels, etc to the ball? Pros of your chosen adhesive? Cons?

What is your hole-plugger of choice?

How long has your ball been outside without showing ill effects of the weather? My intent on the first ball is to use glass and fill with grout. Will I need any kind of top coat to finish the project?

OK I guess that's enough to get me started, LOL. I'll check back when I get home in the morning and hopefully a few of you creative types will have seen this post and have a few tips to offer.

Thanks,
La

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!