Anyone use Chantix to quit smoking?

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

Once again, I went to the doctor today to get some antibiotics for a sinus infection. New doctor, same old story..."you wouldn't have all these sinus problems if you quit smoking". I told him I quit regularly, and I do. Every year on New Year's Day I quit smoking. The longest I've gone is till September, usually I don't make it that far. I am a smoker, I hate it that I am, but I've been smoker for 35 years now.

He gave me a prescription for Chantix, and said it would block the cravings in my brain so I could really quit for good. I had a horrible experience with Zyban (Wellbutrin) and he said it is nothing like that at all.

Anyone here using Chantix to quit smoking? Please, somebody, tell me it worked for them!
Cindy

This thread has 136 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!