(cmalon) Cindy Maloney

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Cindy Anne Maloney, known throughout DG as cmalon, passed away October 20, 2007 at the age of 52.

Cindy Anne Maloney, age 52, of Worden, passed away on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007, after a very long and difficult battle with lung cancer. Her courage when confronting this terrible disease should serve as an inspiration to all.

Cindy was born on January 2, 1955, the daughter of Madeline "Penny" Feser Blume of Edwardsville, and the late George Blume. Cindy lived most of her life in Edwardsville, where she graduated from EHS. As a young girl, she was a competitive swimmer who held many speed records while a member of the Montclair Pool swim team.

After graduation from high school, Cindy married briefly and gave birth to her son, Chad Michael. She was always very proud of her son, who grew up to be an exceptional student and has been successful in the computer industry.

In 1985, Cindy married Thomas J. Maloney. She worked as a homemaker, an EKG technician, a medical transcriptionist and also studied to be an LPN.

In 1992 she founded a home inspection company. Goshen Inspection Service, and ran the fledgling business until her health recently prevented her from doing so.

During her battle with cancer, Cindy refined her artistic side and produced innumerable craft and art works that will serve as constant reminders of her strong spirit, inner as well as outer beauty and exemplified her giving nature.

Cindy was preceded in death by her father, George, from whom she learned and later inherited her giving nature and her gentle soul.

Beside her husband and mother, she is survived by her son, Chad Maloney, brother Craig, and wife Ann, Blume of San Antonio, Tex., nieces Erin and Lindsay Blume; cousins: Jane McCormick of Xenia, Judy Evans, of Jefferson City, Mo., and Wendy Jackson of Ilion, N.Y.; several other nieces and nephew, as well as numerous loving cats.

Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until service time at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Weber & Rodney Funeral Home, with Rev. John Roberts officiating.

Memorials are suggested to the American Cancer Society, Hospice of Southern Illinois or The Metro East Humane Society.

Online visitors can sign a guestbook at: http://www.weberfuneralhome.com/

Thumbnail by Joan

I'm lighting your candle, Cindy. I never met you ... and I'll never forget you. I learned to love you through your beautiful spirit and courage. Each time I smell a gardenia candle, I'll always think of you.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Verona, ON

Lit your candle sweetie.... you are the best. All of my tomato plants will always be called The Cindys from here on in........ ya know what I mean.
Hugs and smiles darlin! God speed!
Dianne

Monroe, NY(Zone 6b)

You'll always be in my prayers, Cindy. And we will meet eventually. God love you my dear one.

Always Sal

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Cindy, you will always be in my heart. It's wonderful to see her smiling face. My candles will burn everyday for you. I'll never forget you...Lynne and Carmen, give our Cindy a welcoming hug from me.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

All of you in Cindy's family are in my prayers. She is much-missed!

Verona, ON

Oh I miss this sweet lady so much. She remembered you liked red hair Frank.... and that we all wore thongs on treatment day for she and Lynne. I know there is a pic somewhere of either Lynne or Cindy wearing a red thong on their head.
Cindy was a down to earth, cat loving, big hearted gal.. I miss her a bunch but am so glad she is finally at peace and out of pain.
Hugs and smiles Cindy across those miles
Dianne

Verona, ON

Happy Birthday Cindy - I know you and Lynne are having a blast celebrating your day.
Miss ya sweetie.
Hugs and smiles across the miles
Dianne

I didn't notice this on my watched list yesterday but am lighting your gardenia candle today, Cindy. :) Always missing you... but you left behind your strength and courage and your sweet spirit.
Hugs&blessings to your beautiful memory ... ~Susan

Carlisle, PA

I found this thread today as I was returning to my mother's (Lynne) memorial thread. I guess what warms me is that Cindy and my mother are together finally. Cindy meant a lot to my mother... and I send my love to her family.
She helped my mother immensely with her love and care when my mom was sick.
It's been 2years since my mother's passing... and I remember all of the journey I've been on these past 2 years. I send out warmth and love to her family and friends.
You know they're both up there carrying on!!!!
with love
kristina

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

They both probably have red thongs on their heads!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Weegie is right! Red thongs on their heads and on their feet. We sure had a lot of good laughs when the red thong idea surfaced in the prayer forum.

Miss ya Cindy.

Hugs,
Lani

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Lani, I can't remember who it was who posted the picture with a red thong on their head, was it Lynne? That was hilarious!
I sure miss these 2 wonderful people.

Verona, ON

I too miss Lynne and Cindy very much. They both taught me so much and remain in my heart.
Dianne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.