I found them !now what??

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I was at my nephew and his wifes new home it used to be a nursery many many years ago and they were told that some where there were Siberian Iris well I found them but I think its to late to move them and I dont know what to do with them if I did when would it be safe to move them? there marked now so I'll be able to find them latter along with I have no Idea what else is out there in the 7.50 acker woods and brush I saw a lot of things I don't know what they are so I can't wait till sprig they moved in in June so they dont know whats there she just wants me to come get it shes not a flower person (i'll be working on that!!!!)
Gloria

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Wait until spring and dig them after they break dormancy and begin active growth.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Should be interesting to see what you have. I hope you can catch them blooming.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

me also I think theres more there than that but I cant tell this late in the season
Gloria

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

hey, scavenge what you can ! You can always trade away the duplicates with eager DGers.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I think that will be a strong possability theres 7 ackers to explore this spring and summer I cant wait she dosent want any of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gloria

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I would wait until they bloom, take pictures, then dig, so you will know what you have.

Judy

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

If you don't want to wait until they bloom so you can see them, best time to transplant is in the spring when they are 4" high.

If you transplant a large clump, chances are you will still see them bloom.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks every one its going to be like a giant easter egg hunt theres so much under growth and brush but lots of sunny spots all so theres swampy areas you name it !!!!!!!!
Gloria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.