My Weekend Project

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thought about posting this link under pirl's thread for plans for 2008, but since I almost finished it this year instead of next, thought I'd start a new thread. Patience please, I'm just a "little excited" about this project and what I got accomplished - I can't wait to get it finished! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/782277/

Thumbnail by rcn48
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Holy mackerel, Debbie!! I just followed the link there and was greeted by the most ambitious project I have ever seen! Talk about a labor of love!! What a great thing you have done today! And what a great thing for posterity.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Candyce, I didn't have a chance to do any work in that area yesterday, it was Monday and there is after all, "real work" to be done elsewhere :( Sent the link to my daughter in Maine - she was impressed but said she needed to see a picture of Rick STANDING on the steps to make sure my construction was sturdy LOL

Looks like we might actually get some rain here over the next couple of days - 70% chance last Friday only resulted in 1/2" overnight - we need more! So that might slow down the project some. Hoping by the weekend I will actually have a chance to get started on the planting. I'll keep you posted!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Excellent. I read the link you sent and admire your ambition and talent. It's a tremendous amount of work and, judging by your photos and your excitement, it was worth every bit of energy it took.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks pirl, I've wanted these stairs for a long time and once I found the arbor the project just kind of took off :) I just posted a couple of new pictures - one with a view of the pond, although not a very good one, but it gives you an idea of the view from our deck. I can't wait to "connect the dots" so to speak - from one arbor to the next!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Most of us get a bit antsy with connecting the dots but I'm sure you'll do it. I have every confidence in your abilities.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.