(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

pics...

Thumbnail by Moodene
Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

That is really nice! - Arlan

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty blooms Moodene

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

It looks awesome growing on the cage. I'll have to remember that for next year.
:) Donna

Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

Is this a purpurea or nil?

Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

They are Ipomoea purpurea. - Arlan

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

That's a pretty cool way to grow them Arlan! Almost like a vine sculpture! Beautiful! :-)

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

Moodene -Nice setup and the birdcage is an aesthetic overall protective device against the elements including a way to prevent marauding critters from getting too close to the inner portions of the plant...

Food for continued thought...

TTY,...

Ron

Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

purpurea woooaaw very nice to hear, then I can try to grow them in Sweden with success, I have no success with nil-kinds, they flower to late in the summer, so I never get any seeds of them.
When I have seeds to an Nil then I only can grow, see them flower in autumn and then die.
Right now I have 3 kind in my windowsill and only 1 or 2 flowers now and then. No more than 2 flowers at the same time.

And my purpureas flower from early spring to early atumn outside covering with hundreds of flower, itīs a pity that canīt grow Nil, because they have very pretty flowers. But I think anyway that I love purpurea more and I discover more and more beautiful flowers when I look here at MG-forum, thats nice.
More purpureas thanks.
~Sylvia
:o)

Thumbnail by hobbyodlaren

Sylvia - The blooms in your photo are very pretty! What vine is it?

I wonder if you started some I. nils inside, if that would give you a longer growing season for them to produce more blooms and seeds. I don't know that much yet as I am a newbie here. Maybe it's your cooler temps that the purpurea like, which the nils may not. I fertilize mine with bloom fertilizer every couple of weeks which helps mine bloom a lot more!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I love those doubles! Ditto on the bird cage.

X

Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

Hi Becky it is Ipomoea purpurea Crimson Rambler, yes it is very beauty

Next year I shall start nils inside and let them stay inside perhaps I will manage to get them flower more then. I am also a newbie but I have grown commercial simple Morning Glorys many years, It was Emmagrace with take me to the MG beautiful world it could not imagine before that there was soooooo many kind of beautiful MG I just love them all.
Yes I do so to fertilize but I give them waeker everytime I watering
purpureas really like it here, and flower a lot. And there are very many kinds of them too :o)
~Sylvia

Thumbnail by hobbyodlaren
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

If you are still growing these, Moodene, I would like to know if they stay open most of the day and if the leaves are smaller that the ordinary morning glories so that the flowers are more obvious. I have a few seedlings started and am hoping to be successful with the vines. I will look for a cage for them because yours look WONDERFUL in the cage.

Teri

Got my first "Hige" bloom!

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

Teri - Pretty hige bloom, Roses-r-red! it looks like the feathered version of Crimson Rambler featured above posted by Sylvia! :-)

Thanks, Becky,

Don't know much about the Japanese Morning Glories yet, except that I think they're worth growing for their beauty, the smaller leaves that don't overpower the blooms, and the fact that they stay open all day.

Teri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.