Piccies Vol. 25

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

There's another one in the south, the pygmy nuthatch. Pelle, I'm surprised you didn't see the White-breasted nuthatches first, they seem to be a lot more common than the little Red-breasted nuthatches

Marlton, NJ

I know what you mean claypa; I certainly see way more WB Nuthatch around the area,

I haven't seen that RB Nuthatch since his last visit.

The Pygmy Nuthatch is in parts of the West.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Pygmy_Nuthatch.html

The Brown-headed Nuthatch is in the South.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Brown-headed_Nuthatch.html

Their easy to confuse but their all so darn cute!!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I got an Error Gateway notice, watch for the double post! Good job I copied!

Wow, it has been busy here!

You have lots of Woodpeckers sybil, they are entertaining, so are squirrels! I keep looking for the red belly on the Red-bellied WP!

What a cutie the Tufted Titmouse is Indiana, great pic the last one!

You captured the Wb Nuthatch well pelle!

I went to the field today and got some pics of a pair of prancing rabbits, I was stood near the entrance and turned to see a hen Pheasant along the side trying to look camouflaged amongst the dead grasses. It was only a few feet in front of me, obviously hadn't seen me!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I think I'm being watched..

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Not sure about this....

Thumbnail by wallaby1

I'm off.......

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Puff, puff, and all I wanted was to feel the sun on my back......

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Hey big sis, wait for me! (a second one just ahead!)

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Hey big sis, where are you!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Nice shots wallaby!!

I love the Pheasants!

Thanks pelle, they are interesting!

This pic has a bird in it, just as I snapped the bunnies this Wood Pigeon flew from behind me and was just over them as I snapped! Look at the expressions on their faces!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Very cute!!!

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Awesome, Wallaby! :)

Marlton, NJ

*** Dinu will be starting the next Daily Pics thread after several more replies****

Thanks! :-)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Great shots folks! I love them all.

I was up at an ungodly hour this morning and heard this pretty mockingbird up on the electric wire. I think the was looking for that early bird worm. :-) Out of 2 shots, this was the best of them.

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

In many parts of the U.S. the American Coot is a common game bird, but here in Anchorage, AK it is a rarely seen accidental. Local birders got excited when there was a sighting of one on Lake Hood, the sea-plane portion, of Anchorage International Airport. On Saturday I made two trips over to the lake, I saw other birders, but no Coot. Today I got lucky, and found the Coot in one of the float plane tie down canals.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

In this picture the American Coot is swimming in front of float plane dock number 811 on Lake Hood - Spenard Lake, portion of Anchorage International Airport.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I knew I was way behind again, but what a treat it has been to view all these photos - and read the captions, descriptions, etc. Outstanding pics, everyone!!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Great shots Gary! Pretty coot. It's wonderful that you're getting to see such a rare bird for your area.

Janet

Marlton, NJ

Very nice Gary!

Good mocker Janet!

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Got on the lake yesterday afternoon.
First is a cormorant ? not a very good pic.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Swans

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mallard

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

And four itsy bitsy diving birds under the beautiful foliage.

Thumbnail by Grandmaggie
Marlton, NJ

Gorgeous pics GM!!!!!

Thanks so much for posting them! :-)

Thanks pelle, and Indiana, it was one of those rare lucky occasions being in the right place at the right time taking a pic exactly at the right time!

It seems rare birds are in order just now!

So interesting to see and read about different birds, Grasmussen "American Coot is swimming in front of float plane dock number 811 on Lake Hood - Spenard Lake, portion of Anchorage International Airport." I wonder if they charged it landing fees! We don't think of a lake as being part of an International Airport!

You did well to get the Mocking bird on an electric cable Janet, they usually turn out dark, the Robin has one of his lookouts on a cable, always in the same spot, he sings his head off but it's difficult to get anything but a silhouette.

Grandmaggie, I can't say anything except that I am in awe! Fantastic pics, the last one with reflections is spectacular!

Cold and dull here today so probably won't get any pics, but thought I would post this one of a crow as it flew overhead yesterday, they make great silhouettes!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Brainerd, MN

I'm enjoying all the pics this morning. Missing the waterbirds alot now. We just put the boat away for the season. Can't wait for spring! :)

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Got on the lake yesterday afternoon.
First is a cormorant ? not a very good pic

Double-crested Cormorant, with a mix of Herring, Ring-billed and Laughing Gulls.

Resin

Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks Resin you are the best! GM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.