Looking for canna stuttgart!!!!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Does anyone have any for trade or for postage?

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

they dont do very well here in FL

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

or texas. i thought the thing had rotted in the ground this spring. then all of a sudden here it comes back with only 2 stalks. i think that's what it started with last year. the foliage burns terribly in the sun.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

thats ok I still would like to get one I can grow it in a pot here in the shade....

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

I have a couple that I will be taking up soon. They do not seem to do too well here in WA state either, but I think I will try one in water next year.
If you are interested I will trade for something.

Sharon

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i feel like you do too pensacola..........i still want it. if mine grows any next year i could give you a start. i would have thought it would have grown great where you are daisy. where does it grow good?

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love some also if I knew they grew good here. I think it has to do w/ the foliage. I know some have had success w/ it up north.

Dean_W

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Didn't do well for me here neither..but I think I'll try again in water or next to it next time or build a shade over it!!.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Plant under a big oak or maple or what ever but stay away from pines spruces and the like

Rosemount, MN(Zone 4b)

Hi - I live in zone 4a (yes I know brrrrr ) and am very interested in the canna Struttgart. How many hours of sun do you think it can take? It can get pretty hot in Minnesota and humid. The afternoon sun is pretty intense also. Do you think a.m. sun only ?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

yes

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

just curious but would stuttgardt do better if it were kept in very moist soil? could it live in the water?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

I would be interested in trading for one.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

tar, if no one else has this canna contact me next year. i thought mine had died. it was fairly late in the summer and there was no plant. i dug the thing up and what i found appeared to be rotten. i went ahead and left it in the ground for mostly compost but late in the summer it came up. i only have 2 small plants but hope it does something next year.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Will do, thanks Ted

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Did want to mention, Stuttgart can be an aquatic and live in water, but it would have to be in shade, too. Mine haven't done well here, lasat year I killed one with too much sun. This year, in almost complete shade, the white portions still burn...it's survived but only got a few inches tall. I understand epsom salts helps with the burning of the leaves. I didn't bother because it was growing so slow, but we had a severe drought this summer.

maybe mine will do better next year if it rains, but so far this is the pickiest canna I've grown. Too bad it's so pretty!

Marine City, MI(Zone 5a)

Cant wait to see how they grow up here in MI.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.