Livestock Guard Dog Available

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hope I don't get in trouble for this. Our rescue has an Anatolian Shepherd livestock guardian available in eastern KS or within 1000 miles of there. His situation is urgent, he's in a shelter. Looks like he was picked up at a sheep auction so likely he's been with sheep. My ASD was too until I got him and trained him to goats. Worked with him about 2 weeks to make sure he would be ok with them. Anyway, hope I'm not breaking any rules just knew people have been having problems with livestock predators. Here's the info I have on him and you'd need to fill out an adoption app at www.nasrn.com You can even foster to adopt to make sure he works out for you. We want to place our dogs in the best home for them, in this case it would be a working home where he can guard livestock/farm.

"KANSAS (southeastern): URGENT
Trapper is a young male Anatolian that was dumped and abandoned at a local sheeph auction. Apparently his services were no longer needed. :-( He is now in a shelter and his time is almost up. Trapper is in desperate need of a foster or adoptive home. He's very scared in the shelter, most likely he has always been on a sheep ranch. Please let us know if you can foster or adopt this big guy.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9464998 "

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!