My new camera!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I just knew I was the worst photographer in the world, Frank always said it was the camera, not me (Bless his heart) I guess he had enough of my fustration and came home with a present - I am so excited! Still don't know how everything works but here are a couple of just point and shoot...

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom

Some 'nanas

Braveheart and Mom's favorite time of day - cookie time!

Candy is looking so grey and elderly.....Mom she and Candy are twins!

Should have said - Mom says she and Candy are twins! Can't tell I'm excited can you?

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

BHM...looks like you got a really neat camera...and are having fun!!!! Now...no excuse for not sharing photos of your garden and your great dogs more more more. And...by the way...your user name is so long...do you have a shorter name?...I am lazy when it comes to writing!!!

Happy for you in Hilo,
Carol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

wonderful, Jenny. See it was the equipment all along. Anxious for more pictures.

Chris

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Sorry..of course it is Jenny. Must've zoned .....

Congrats on the new camera .......and wow avacados galore and nannas as well! fantastic.....the doggy is very cute too! keep up the good work!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Great shots,will be expecting more photos soon!!!!LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Great shots! How did you get soooooo many bananas? All we ever get is 5-12.

Yes - but you get those 5-12 in TEXAS! It's not hard to do in Hawaii!

Thanks to you all for humoring me about my new camera!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Not humoring. Haven't you noticed how brutally honest we can be. hahaha

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny - Aloha Girlfriend!!! Love the pics, great job. Got Jenny, Braveheart and Candy all potted up...seem to be fine, if I can just keep them from getting water logged from all the rain! Thanks again - I will keep you posted on progress. You are a wonderful, incredibly generous person (and not just for the plants!).

Aw Shucks - weren't anything! Happy to share! Have you packed yet? Christi is over the moon about meeting up with you - gosh it's just round the corner now isn't it! Finished all the cooking for the wedding yet?

Aloha!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Nope, yep, and not yet. getting there. I was referring to Christi when I said you were incredible....you know what I'm talking about. Just about the coolest thing I've heard in years!☺

HA! You guys have been talking behind my back!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Only to Shari.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I want to see LOTS of pics with that new camera of yours!!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Jenny,

Wonderful photos. It's so nice to be able to put your beautiful face with your name. Your plants are awesome! Love the avacados and the bananas. It looks like you live in paradise! Your waybigo dogs are just as beautiful as their mama.

Thanks for sharing!

Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Janet, that's Jenny's mother with the doggies.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Christi,

Thanks for setting me straight. Well, then I suppose when I see Jenny, I'll know right away where she got her good looks from! :-) She's a beautiful lady!

Janet

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I've seen pictures of Jenny and you are correct........she is beautiful. Only way I knew the difference, Janet. Didn't mean to be a KIA.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

HAHAHAHA You??? a KIA???? Nevah!!! I'm glad you set me straight. I haven't seen any photos of Jenny so I didn't know any better.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Did you go to the Renaisance Festival today?

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

No, we are going for my birthday weekend on November 3rd.

Hubby is out hunting. I was supposed to go and take photos, but didn't feel like sitting inthe blind all day today. It was just too pretty to be stuck in a 3 X 6 box. HAHAHA

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I more than understand. Mike no longer hunts but the last couple of years that he did......he sat in the blind with a camera. Fully understand the need to thin the deer........just not able to kill anything.

Mahalo for the nice comments on my Mom, I will be sure to pass them on to her. She will be very pleased after she gets over the fact that I posted them for the world to see!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the "old folks". They are so wise and I've learned so much from them!!! Your mom looks like someone that would be a lot of fun to visit with over coffee and cookies. :-) My mother would have a fit if she knew I had posted any photos of her on the internet.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Well that settles it now! You have had a new camera for 3 weeks now before I finally discover this thread. Congratulations on your new acquisition! The dogs look great, the avocados and the bananas have me sinning by jealousy here. That's one of the 7 big ones, you know.

You leave me no choice. I'm going to haul myself to Maui, bring you a bootleg vesion of PhotoShop and teach you the tricks of the trade. Just wait until I tell Gail: I've been looking for a reason to go back to the islands since I returned in May. I don't think it will work but I'll give it a try anyway. While I was there, I've become what Iz called a hawai'ian-at-heart. I want to go back ASAP.

In the mean time, here's a picture of me taken Friday at a charity masquerade ball.

Aloha!
Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Sylvain, you did read my comment about you introducing me to Bradduh IZ, did you not?
I downloaded 3 cds and found the site with all the words to the songs. You are partly responsible for turning me into an islander wantabe. Have two wireless speakers that play his music into the garden. First time I ever allowed anything into the garden but the birds. Since I grow mostly tropicals it seems to go very well. Of course, all the beautiful pictures and posts have had a GREAT DEAL to do with my love of the tropics. Think it is mostly the people I have met here. AAAhhhh,sigh. What a beautiful day. As I continue to put the garden to bed today I will imagine myself there.

Aloha Pumehana,

Kilikina

LOL Sylvain, you are welcome anytime! I think Kilikina may be coming for a visit (fingers crossed).
I DO need help with my pictures, you NEED to rescue me!
I'll put the coffee on!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Bruddah Iz plays in my car's CD player all the time. I have 5 of his CDs traveling with me all the time. I alternate between them. The wife and I don't get tired of his music.

I can't make plans right now because we have 2 cruises planned: one in February (7 days) and one in April (20 days). I promised my wife to give a bit of a break as far as travel deals were concerned. I wish I could go tomorrow morning but mark my words: I shall return to the Hawai'ian islands.

Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.