What do you use on your brug's broadmites?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm new to brugmansia growing, and thus new to broadmite battles! Care to share your experience. Luckily these few cuttings that are affected with Sx. of broadmites are far away from other plants. Is there hope, should I just burn the affected trees?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Dripping Springs, TX(Zone 8b)

seaweed

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Seaweed extract from nursery? An organic type of tx?
Thanks Ted.
K.

Dripping Springs, TX(Zone 8b)

It may not get rid of them if you already have a bad infestation. but if used on a regular basis(about every 3 weeks) it will keep all kinds of mites at bay. provided you dont use too much chemical fertilizer.if I already had a bad infestation I would use water to blast them off every 2 days (or more) in additiont to spraying seaweed maybe once a week or so and discontinue chemical fertilizers immediately. But thats just my recommendation and I am no expert I just know as far as mites go this has worked well for me and they used to be such a problem I was giving up on brugs,marigolds,tomatoes etc etc etc.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ok, a bit of clarification here. I was told this is micro-organisms that can't be seen by the naked eyes - type of 'mites' and not the common spidermites in which we see tiny webs on our plants. But you did say "all type of mites". I'll be going out to my nursery and get some of the seaweed spray and more info.
Thanks Ted.
K

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.