Pale Yellow Poppy?

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I recently saw a photo of beautiful cottage garden with pale yellow poppies that resembled California Poppies. Could anyone tell me what variety it may have been or where I could find seeds?

Thanks.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I've seen various hybrids of California poppy in pastel colors including creamy yellow. Most of the seed catalogs carry a few varieties, usually in mixes, but I believe the ones marketed as cream or near white are probably what you saw. There are also some pretty pastel yellow Iceland poppies that I've run across in mixed seed too.

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks, gemini_sage. I really just want something pastel-like to mix in with sweet william by the front door. Your suggstions would work just fine.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

You're very welcome :) Let us know what you find when seed shopping. As I'm perusing the seed offerings I'll post the link if I run across any pretty pastels.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Oooohh, check out 'Jersey Cream' at Select Seeds:

http://www.selectseeds.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0480.1.1257734959612334009

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Oh, thank you! They are beautiful!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This seed source is reputed to be nice. Check out 'Buttercream'

http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/flowersP.htm

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Gemini_Sage - I ended up ordering the Jersey Cream from Select Seeds. Thanks!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Great! Hope they do well and we have some wonderful pics of them this summer :)

Coarsegold, CA(Zone 8b)

I just purchased some California poppy seeds that I think may be what you are looking for. They are called White Linen (Eschscholzia Californica) it is described as a garden variety of the California Native. I picked up the bag (not just a packet) of seeds at our local Home Depot, but I live in California so that may make them more available. The seeds are from the Stover Seed Company out of Los Angeles, CA. www.stoverseed.com/flowers.html

I just placed the seeds in the ground about a week ago so I have no idea how the flowers actually look. The picture on the package is a beautiful pale yellow poppy! I hope this helps out with your search.

Cheers…

Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you, MountainFlowers. How thoughtful of you. I'll have a look on the internet to see if I can't find a source for the seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.