Begonia cuttings for Cannas

Irving, TX

I have about 30 varieties of begonias and will be doing some triming of my stock to prepare to move it all back into the greenhouse. I would love to trade a box of cuttings for some tall cannas. I would like the purple ones but would consider others. Anyone got some they can share?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

do you have any hardy begonias?

Irving, TX

Unfortunately these are all houseplant types. I also can pay postage if that is possible.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

hmmm.. maybe we could trade in spring, let me know, by then you'll have more purple king achimenes..lol..mine aren't lookng too hot right now

Irving, TX

They are supposed to go dormant this month. Be sure and just store them until spring. I am thinking about buying several varieties of Achimenes. Dividing them up into smaller packages, maybe there would be a couple of each variety in the package and then trading them for out door plants. What do you think?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

sounds good, I have a few already (listed in my journal under right bed), but not all formed the little tubers --didn't know about the dormancy so maybe that's why they look bad. Last year I got achimenes from Brent & Becky's and bulbmeister--I won't say a negative word about B &B-maybe I started them too early but only one out of a bunch grew. However, the ones I got from bulbmeister did beautifully..fyi

San Antonio, TX

I have some canna that I've grown from seed but have never flowered so I dont know the color of them. They had been in a smaller pot but when I transplanted them to al larger one they just took off. Now they have over croweded the larger pot and I need to thin them out. If you are still interested I can send them to u for the begonia you offered. PLMK

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have a couple varieties of canna, one has spotted flowers and the other is an orange flower. Also, my neighbor has some with yellow flowers that she would probably let me get some of. I would love some of your begonia cuttings. Let me know if you are interested. Below is a pic of the spotted one.

Thanks, Kim

Thumbnail by blue_eyes
Orlando, FL

I have Indian Shot Red stripe...they have small red flowers. But the leaves are really showy. I could trade you a couple of large tubers for cuttings. Here is a pick of the leaf of Indian Shot Red Stripe. Dmail me if you are interested.

Thanks
Robyn

PS..the leaves are more burgundy than purple. I will send another post with the flower of it.

Thumbnail by Moofiepoo
Orlando, FL

Not sure why this posted 2X. IF you look at enlarged photo you can see the flower color in left side of pic.

Thanks again.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2007 7:09 PM

Thumbnail by Moofiepoo
San Antonio, TX

r u interested in my offer? i have other requests to trade these plants so i would like to know

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

Moofiepoo---

You have dmail

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.