Suggestions

San Antonio, TX

Purchased this plant over the weekend from a festival and as you can see the longer branches were just bunched up not pinned up to climb up. I've added an addition to the exsisting pole instead of replacing it completely as some of the air roots were adhered to it. I've pinned up most of the branches but alot of them are so curved they would break if I forced them. Will these eventually straighten up so they too can be pinned or should I cut them off and start them rooting in water? I'd like to keep it going up but if i have I shall cut.........

Anyone know the name of this vine? It's got alot of pink in the leaf so I didnt think it was a regular arrowhead vine..... thnx

Thumbnail by Anaid
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

You have a syngonium. As far as the stems straightening....like most things it will not straighten on it's own but like most things it could with some help (tying and reinforcement) - it would be a bit too much work for me to even consider, but if you want to climb up badly enough it's worth a shot.

San Antonio, TX

thanks for the name and the advice :)

San Antonio, TX

recent pic of same plant after sitting for a while and unfolding the leaves.......

Thumbnail by Anaid

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.