blue bottles and old tires

mulege, Mexico

Hi - Although I have made a few posts on other forums, I think Trash and Treasure is my true home. I live in Mexico and the dumps where I live are still open. I go to collect blue bottles, broken glass and tires with which I am terracing my back hill (i've posted about this in tropical gardening). I have so much glass i've collected over a period of several years that I finally broke down and bought a big tumbler on ebay - what a difference. My Mexican friend Fely has been helping me with the glass and she saw the stuff coming out of the tumbler and confessed that she had wondered for a long time what I was going to do with my collection of broken glass and now she understood. I think she was somewhat relieved about my sanity (little does she know!).

I tried to start a post here yesterday but hit a wrong key and it disappearred into cyberspace.

Today I am sitting here going "ow, ow, oW" because I just got the nastiest ant bite of my life. Feels more like a small scorpion sting. I have put an aloe vera leaf on it and taken aspirin. Whether I am making any sense or will manage to get his posted remains to be seen.

Thanks you all for the many great ideas posted here. I was looking over my storage area (some would call it a trash heap but what do they know) earlier and saw an old enamal stove top that I had dragged home from the dump months ago with no idea of how to use it. Well, maybe asa plant holder. Anyway, today I "saw" it handing on a wall with mirrors where the burners used to be, a shelf at the bottom and collaged with glass, broken tiles, etc. I knew the inspiration came from hanging out here. It's contagious.

If I ever learn how to use my digital camera I will post pictures.

katiebear

P.S. I have an old kiln I bought several years ago and haven't ever used. Thanks for all the helpl on that - I want to slump some of my glass collection.

And anyone who wants blue glass - come on down (I'm 600 milesd south of San Diego on the Sea of Cortez).

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!