Reblooming iris and roses

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wanted to share a picture of reblooming iris and roses.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Fort Myers, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Wowzers at the stem with all the buds! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Love the red and yellow together too!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

You are so lucky to have them both blooming together! Something else for me to strive for!

I was very happy to see them both blooming at the same time. I have another iris getting ready to bloom and it has mums and petunias blooming all around it.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

That's got to be the tallest Iris I've seen. What is it's name?

I will have to see if I can find the name. I am not very good at keeping them but I have learned now that I am on DG that the name is important. I wll see if I can find it. I planted a strip of roses last fall and prepared the soil according to what a gentleman with over 50 years of experience had suggested and I think all of the plants love it. This fall I am going to remove more grass from the edges and then start another rose bed.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Now that's a rebloomer! I always thought the rebloomers only had a couple of blossoms.

Did it bloom in the spring?

Maybe that is why I have so many blooms. We had a very late cold hard freeze, 17 degrees for about 7 nights really in the spring after a really early overly warm spring, so I only had about 2 iris blooms total when I ususally have hundreds. Very few apples around here this year, and I didn't have any peonies either. I love iris so I am really happy I missed them this spring.

South Hamilton, MA

Rebloom can vary from yr. to yr, # of stalks etc. Immortality is the most reliable TB here in MA, but after being divided sometimes takes another yr. to get going. I Bless is a very reliable intermediate. Very dry here this August with a watering ban, so don't expect any rebloom.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

We had such a nasty spring & so much root rot, that I don't really expect to see any rebloomers this fall. Sad, huh?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.