Looking for the right container

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I have recieved a wonderfull selection of succulents in trade and would like to plant them up in a strawberry jar palnter. But all I can find are little ones. Don't they make the large ones anymore?

yes, they do, Look for some at your bigger nurseries, they have several sizes to choose from. Try a Home Depot or a Lowes if you have one in your area. Usually the bigger nurseries have a wide variety of strawberry pots. I was going to get me one to plant the hen and chicks in until I seen what they wanted for a price on the size I wanted. Couldn't believe just how expensive they are if you want a good size one. Wanted also to use a strawberry pot to make a small water fountain but decided against that as well. Call some of your bigger nurseries around and see what they have Zany for pots. Cheaper by phone than it is driving all over looking for one.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks! We do not have any major chains here. Maybe I can dind on in TJ mexico when we go down there in a couple of months.

girl, if you're going to Mexico, I'm sure you will be able to find them a whole lot cheaper there. Good Luck on your find

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Zaney, you WILL find them there, and the are CHEAP!!

"eyes"

Now,Zany, you be good. No bringing back no other kind of 'pot'.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL CoCo! If I wanted the other kind of POT I would have left the sheriff at the doughnut shop and done my own cleanup of the back acreage!

LOL It's already harvested in Mexico and maybe some better stuff.hehe

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know....Humboldt Gold is getting pretty well known...!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Now I know where my other boot went to! LOLOLOL.....

"eyes"

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Eye's, You may want to get this one re soled I think I put a hole in it trying to disengage my false teeth!

LOL
Seek and Ye Shall Find.
'eye's, you will be getting a Dr's. bill for having your foot surgically removed.hehe lol

(Zone 6a)

Hey....I tried large plastic flower pots (about 7 gal size) at $5 each and plain plastic 5 gal. buckets at $1.50 each, for tomatoes this year. The tomatoes could not tell the difference:) Just drilled drainage holes in the buckets, put in couple inches of rocks, good potting soil mixed with 5-10-10 and lime, planted the tomato plants, mulched with pine bark mulch and watered 'em every day.
Only problem was it ruined my water bill budget:)

Zany, have you found your Strawberry pot yet? Was just curious.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

No :( We are going south as soon as I can get time off work but I have to wait for the man I am covering for to get a release from his doctor. I was volunteered to cover for him for 6 months and that was 8 months ago. Heard the other day that it will be the 1st of October now before they even run tests to see if he will be coming back. By the time we actually go it may be the dead of winter! But I am determined we are going!

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

Hey Zany here it is Oct 1 are you heading south tomorrow ?

tamlamb

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Still no word from him yet! These 6 day work weeks are wearing me plumb out but still hope to make the trip this month! I really need a vacation! :=) My DD's gall bladder surgery went well this week and we want to spend some time with her before they get to the more serious problems. But figure she needs to go with us south of the border for a few days before she faces anything else. Had to serve Jury duty this AM and got off early. Lost a dear friend and have the funeral to deal with this week also. So much going on here that I think I would crawl in a hole and pull it after me if I couldn't escape into DG!

But don't worry, I'll let ya all know when to raid the place

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.