Frost!! Acccckkkkk!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It got down to 28 degrees here last night in AuGres. They're predicting frost again tonight. It's a good thing I brought my geraniums in the house last night.

I had 9 twelve foot blue spruce planted in my field yesterday. A friend gave them to me. I hired a tree guy to dig and transport and replant them here. THey're all mulched and staked and I've been watering them all day.........about 45 minutes per tree. I sure hope they "take" and I don't lose them. I was hoping we'd get another few weeks before frost. Oh well. All I can do is keep watering them in good for the next week or so.

Got the lawn furniture cushions tucked away in the garage. Still need to put some of my other stuff up. For sure we'll get that done this weekend.

What is everyone else doing?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Loon I got all the rest of my lilies planted tonight and mowed/ mulched up the yard all my furniture cushions are on a covered porch so I don't have to worrie about them yet. besides I like to light the chimmanea (SP) this time of year and way late into the fall its realy cool when its snowing so I guess I'm about ready but NOT !!!!!LOL
Gloria

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

What am I doing? Freezing. We didn't get the frost. It was raining too hard. Looks like the same tonight. I'll never understand how it can seem so much colder when it's raining instead of snowing. Maybe because when it's snowing we're just grateful if it's above 0.

Hard to believe that I was sweating my butt off on monday.
Welcome to Michigan. Hope ya brought warm clothes.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Lucky you to get rain! We're so dry here it isn't even funny. The tree guys commented on how dry the soil was when they were planting my blue spruce trees. We need rain REALLY bad. I just hope we get a gully washer or a few days of rain all day before the ground freezes or we could lose some of our plants and trees.

I still need to put down my fall fertilizer on my lawn inside the fence. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. So far the Milorganite I put down has kept the rodents and squirrels out of my bulbs. Not sure how often you have to reapply it. Anyone know?

Brenda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.