Are you a scrapbooker/gardener/recycler?

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

I came across a big box of old record albums at a garage sale for $1. I recycle the records into retro flower pots. You just turn your oven on to about 200 degrees, put in a medium sized glass bowl upside down, then lay the record album over the top, and let it be for a couple of minutes until it has softened and relaxed over the shape of the bowl. Then using pot holders, take out the record and hold it in place a few seconds until it becomes hard again. It has a built in hold in the bottom for drainage. I use them for flower pots and for holding stuff in my craft room (mainly paint bottles).

I am also a scrapbooker and do swaps or RAKs and needed a large thin box to send a layout in. So I decided to use the album cover for that purpose. I just wrapped it in brown paper, added addresses and took it to the post office.

Hows that for a recycling project?

If anyone visiting this site would like to chat about scrapbooking, or do an exchange of "scrapbooking items or stamped card images you haven't used, probably never will, but that are in perfect shape" please post or d-mail me.

Ruth

If anyone wants a picture of the recycled flower pot, please post and i will take a pic.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!